V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer had a St. Patrick's day party yesterday. The owners of Cherokee Choppers in Woodstock, GA brought their Streetglides. They are putting packages together called Lead Sleds. Both of these bikes were lowered 2" front and rear, upgraded sound system (amp) with added tweeters. One has 21" rims and the other one 18". Personally I think the 18" look much better. I really hope the trend isn't to max out wheel size on Harleys making them look like all those ghetto cruiser Escalades. Pretty soon it will lead to 23" rims on touring bikes with 1/4" sidewalls.

Carb'd Streetglide with 21" rims

EFI Streetglide with 18" rims

Mirror setup and tweeters

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah, the one with 18" rims has 1" lowering brackets for the front fender. On the air cleaner, he cut out the center of the football cover with a plasma cutter and put the decorative ring on it. Pretty cool idea.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
peewee said:
here's a buddy of mines Standard... he hand fab'd the trailer , all steel.
air bagged and with quite the sound system too...12's in the trailer
....are those covers and bags from Milwaukee Bagger? Nice looking gear, but $$$$$$!! That is a nice looking bagger, congratulate your Bud.

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
peewee said:
That is one sweet set-up:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
peewee said:
Sweet looking RK. Don't the saddlebags scrape in turns though?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
maybe he drops the air for pics and parking. I saw a kid with a truck doing that yesterday, pumps it up to drive.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The bike is air bagged and so is the trailer... look for it at the Easyrider tour @ kansas City MO. on the 29~!Awesome! th.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
thatoldbike said:
Oh yeah, the one with 18" rims has 1" lowering brackets for the front fender. On the air cleaner, he cut out the center of the football cover with a plasma cutter and put the decorative ring on it. Pretty cool idea.

Are those lowering brackets for the front fender a production piece or was is a one off custom built thing? I've wanted to do that to my front fender for a couple years but didn't want to have to repaint a part of my fender.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seahag said:
Are those lowering brackets for the front fender a production piece or was is a one off custom built thing? I've wanted to do that to my front fender for a couple years but didn't want to have to repaint a part of my fender.
I think they are production but I'm not sure who does them. You can give them a call at (678) 445-3272. Nice guys.

·
Registered
675 Posts
A little much.

thatoldbike said:
My local dealer had a St. Patrick's day party yesterday. The owners of Cherokee Choppers in Woodstock, GA brought their Streetglides. They are putting packages together called Lead Sleds. Both of these bikes were lowered 2" front and rear, upgraded sound system (amp) with added tweeters. One has 21" rims and the other one 18". Personally I think the 18" look much better. I really hope the trend isn't to max out wheel size on Harleys making them look like all those ghetto cruiser Escalades. Pretty soon it will lead to 23" rims on touring bikes with 1/4" sidewalls.

Carb'd Streetglide with 21" rims

EFI Streetglide with 18" rims

Mirror setup and tweeters

Nice looking sleds, but to me the 21 inch thing on a bagger might be a little much, as was said, too much like the ghetto cruizers with the 20s and spinners running around everywhere. The mirror and tweeter setup was cool though, and looks like might actually be a little better field of vision with the mirrors just a hair higher than stock height. I have heard opinions both ways on that issue. The Streetglides are really good looking scoots bone stock, and what some people have done to ultras and electraglides is just way cool anyway. I never thought much about baggers, but actually am going that way myself, and I have to say these scoots have influenced my tastes a lot in that direction. I just love the long and low look and the way the lines flow, almost "Arlennessque", futuristic and exotic and really easy on the eyes.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Seahag:

Native Custom Cycles makes brackets that lower the front fender as well as a complete stock fender with brackets already installed. The photos show the lowered front fender on my Road King Custom with the stock 16" wheels; I plan to put 18" wheels on it soon. Also, with the bracket the rivets in the fender are eliminated so you normally have to repaint the fender to lower it, although I suppose if you could get the rivets out without damaging the paint on the fender you could figure a way to attach the brackets and not have to repaint the fender. You can use a maximum 18" wheel size with it as there is not enough clearance for a 21" wheel. Contact info for them is: [email protected]. The contact person there is Paul. You can ask him about installing the brackets without repainting the fender.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.