V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off hello...... iam in the market for a new seat for my 03 flht..... iam 6'2 and compared to my road king iam way to close to the forward controls with the stock seat... the corbin and la pera peak my intrest... but i thought the rallyrunner harley seat looks like it puts you farther back in the saddle..anyone out there own this seat or any of the others...how is it on long hauls?? also i have the backrest with four channel luggage rack are these seats compatible.....any thoughts would be appreciated..thanks in advance..leaning toward the ralleyrunner

bobby

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I own an '05 RKC so I can't answer the fitment questions, but if you have never owned a Corbin, I can definitely recommend the seat.

Most folks don't know that Corbin will custom modify any seat one time at NO CHARGE regardless of where you purchased it. They can build your seat based on your inseam measurement, height, and the bike model. I also had them dish out the saddle to sink me deeper into the bike. If you are planning on a pillion, the leather will all match if you order direct from Corbin.

I have heard that Corbin stock seats tend to favor the taller rider, but can't confirm it.

The Classic Solo also has a key lock to protect the investment... nice feature on a $400 seat.

They can also eliminate the hole for the backrest if you like. They did this for me. I'll never use a backrest... maybe when I retire to a trike.

Corbin will also modify the width of the nose of the seat which affects your stance at the lights.

I was a little leary about the stiffness of the closed cell foam after hearing some reviews about it being too hard. It may have been slightly harder in the beginning, but after a few hundred miles I literally forgot that I had such a comfort issue with the stock seat. It is a very comfortable seat and I like the leather as opposed to vinyl.

Anyway... some thoughts for you... good luck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm also 6'2", and my inseam is 32". When I first got my FLHTCI, I had the same complaint as you. I felt like I was sitting half way up the gas tank. I switched the stock seat for a Corbin Solo and it made a huge difference. Besides being a much more comfortable seat, it put me back and lower by several inches. I now have to reach slightly for the bars. My legs are still kind of close for my taste when they're on the floorboards (compared to the forward controls on my old Low Rider), but that's just a matter of getting used to the FL set up. My leg room is still better than it was with the stock seat.

·
02 FLHRI
4 Posts
View attachment 27073 I am 6'6" and I really like being able to scoot way back in the seat. The seat is the HD low profile, kind of lacks padding, but it works well for me.

Mike

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
I agree with the ralleyrunner, as that is what i have on my bike. It puts you way down and way back in the saddle. For me, I find it very comfy around town, but the padding is a little thin so I put a 300-400 mile limit on that seat. I do not recommend it for a passenger though. The rear padding is rough from what i hear in my ear while riding.hehe... I have another seat i swap out if the trip is longer than that. just my humble opinion....seat choice are more touchy than cam choices i have found......good luck

·
Registered
48 Posts
have the mustang on my Y2K Ultra and even though not as plush as the OEM, it positions me for comfortable riding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts