V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I would like to thank everyone in advance for any replys or pictures. I'm wanting to do something in a custom tailight, and was wondering what type of things has everyone else done, if at all?

Thought I would start a thread asking for pictures of custome taillights, just to get my creative juices flowing.

Thanks again
Jeff
Nashville TN

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I am currently flush mounting teardrop LEDs into my bags and tossing everything else off the rear fender.

Unfortunately I am onl able to upload the pics to one thread so I can't get them in this one until I take more pics (tomorrow).

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I could posts what I have done so far, but I am going totally custom now. I removed the turn signal bracket, replaced my taillight with an LED, that included turn signals in the light, and moved the plate to below the taillight, onto a billet plate holder. I then removed the back bar portion of the luggage rack, it gives the rear a cleaner look. In my new project, I am wanting to put on an extended rear fender, with the plate frenched in as low as possible, and have a flush custom light installed, and remove any signs of the luggage rack, so everything just looks smooth.

I will pull the old digital out tomorrow and post a picture of my setup as it is now.

Jeff
Nashville TN

·
Registered
26 Posts
I molded a set of marker lights from a Nissan Maxima into my bags. I wanted the cat eye look, but wanted it to fill my bags better. I epoxied a set of LED lights into them and have a relay that controls running, brake, and turn signal thru the 2 lights. Wanted to french the license plate, but they are huge plates for the state of MD, so I will runn it with the license brackt in the pick.

link to my photo website, more pics are there also.

Benji

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lickmstickmman/detail?.dir=f03c&.dnm=d8ed.jpg&.src=ph

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
B-Graphic said:
I molded a set of marker lights from a Nissan Maxima into my bags. I wanted the cat eye look, but wanted it to fill my bags better. I epoxied a set of LED lights into them and have a relay that controls running, brake, and turn signal thru the 2 lights. Wanted to french the license plate, but they are huge plates for the state of MD, so I will runn it with the license brackt in the pick.

link to my photo website, more pics are there also.

Benji

Best job of bag lights I have seen man... great job!!!

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Here is a pic of what I have done so far.

Unfortunately they aren't finished but imagine the green asking tape is a smoked red lens and the back of the bag is charcoal grey---

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I put a set of small bullet lights where the rear footpegs are supposed to mount on my Deuce with the intention of removing the stock ones from the struts. As soon as I figure out what to do with the dado in the struts, I will remove the stock permanently. :Dennis

·
Registered
71 Posts

Left side functions as left signal, right side flashes as right signal, center beam acts as brake light, and whole cross works as running light...

Jeff, have been very busy. Will send you an e-mail tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Jacob

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally found my digital and took a picture of what I have done to the rear so far. Hoping to change it again, I want to add fiberglass bags with molded in tailights, and remove everything from the rear fender. I just cant decide what do do with the plate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts