V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a custom pipe manufacterer that I can contact.

All the best, Ozzie

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HHHMMMMM!!!!!!!!! Wouldnt you like to know........ha!!

Seriously though, just want to get pipes made to 1.75 I.D. X 50", a/f bungs in both pipes, and 2 1/2" cover pipe in a traditional striaght cut staggered setup.

All the best, Ozzie

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Hey Ozzie!
Try sth Ozzie's Steve"the wizard"Townsend.
At Steves Cycle Fabrication.He knocked a set up for a mate.The guy can do anything.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
71baldboy said:
Hey Ozzie!
Try sth Ozzie's Steve"the wizard"Townsend.
At Steves Cycle Fabrication.He knocked a set up for a mate.The guy can do anything.
Many thanks for that 71baldboy, but in the last 24 hours I managed to track down the guy who has built the pipes for me in the past.

Neville Sharp at Moorabin Motorcycle Engineering in Victoria Australia......builds anything custom you want from race pipes to exotics.

All the best, Ozzie

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vafatboy said:
Oz,

Did a search and didn't find much.

Here is a link to list of suppliers, maybe someone in the list can help.

What are you up to?????:hmmm:

http://dmoz.org/Shopping/Vehicles/Motorcycles/Parts_and_Accessories/American/Harley-Davidson/
Thanks vafatboy.............I found the guy I was looking for...............as a matter of interest - I am finding on this desk top dyno that pipe lengths of 50" and I.D.`s of 1 5/8 up to 96" and 1 3/4 I.D. for 96 and above seem to give very broad torque curves and work with most of the current cam/head combinations.

I want custom pipes so I can get A/F bungs installed and I also want to go to a flange design that is welded to the elbow at the head and goes from 1.5" i.d. to 1.75" i.d..........this allows for a "perfect fit" gasket to be used to eliminate leaks and match the pipe i.d. to the port...........to be "match" ported so to speak..................I have no idea if this will improve anything but want to try this out.

Ideally, I would like to taper the exhaust port from 1.5 to 1.75 at the port face and then carry on through to the pipe, with the idea that this may just give a slight advantage to moving out the spent gases................probably only work on bigger engines...........but who knows until its tried????

Dewey..........need to discuss another idea.....where are you????? Dewey?

All the best, Ozzie

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
George C said:
Ozzie, Are you bored out there??
Your bike is hot as hell, I think it looks pretty good with the short shots!:thumbsup:

Where you at George???????????

Nice sound to the pipes but will definiteley give me issues with the old torquedip if I stay with them for the build.

All the best, Ozzie

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
I live just south of Buffalo, NY.
12" of snow falling as I type.:yawn:

Everybody seems to prefer the 2 into 1 for build applications, but I am not a fan of the 2 into 1 sound. I got to have that sound separation.
I'm doing a stage II HD kit, and although I know I will be losing a little that I have paid to gain, I'm going with the Big Radius and Thundermonster combo. I gotta have that sound!:boobies:

BTW, I love your seat choice. Very different and very classy.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well loud is what you want and loud is what your gonna get, bro, thanks for the kind words about my ride...................pity my riding season is shot to **** by Wally`s Cylce World..............as I am shipping out to Iraq soon.

The seat is a Le Pera Silholette Solo and pillion in natural tan leather....................beautifully done and the service from Christine Le Pera and the team there was exceptional............she stayed with me on this until I was happy with the color and choice of stitching ...........pity Performance Machine and Wally`s Wankers did not do the same and that idiot at BDL also.

All the best, Ozzie

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Ozzie In Arabia said:
Well loud is what you want and loud is what your gonna get, bro, thanks for the kind words about my ride...................pity my riding season is shot to **** by Wally`s Cylce World..............as I am shipping out to Iraq soon.

The seat is a Le Pera Silholette Solo and pillion in natural tan leather....................beautifully done and the service from Christine Le Pera and the team there was exceptional............she stayed with me on this until I was happy with the color and choice of stitching ...........pity Performance Machine and Wally`s Wankers did not do the same and that idiot at BDL also.

All the best, Ozzie

Ozzie,
RB Racing does custom exhausts based on their 2-1 basic design. They are pricy, notoriously late, not very friendly but when they finally deliver, their product is of excellent quality.
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/

Merry Christmans and a Happy new year Ozzie and keep your head down in your new destination.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ViennaHog said:
Ozzie,
RB Racing does custom exhausts based on their 2-1 basic design. They are pricy, notoriously late, not very friendly but when they finally deliver, their product is of excellent quality.
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/

Merry Christmans and a Happy new year Ozzie and keep your head down in your new destination.
Many thanks ViennaHOG.................Merry Xmas to you to buddy.

All the best Ozzie

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
STB said:
www.burnsstainless.com might be your ticket for custom pipes with a collector.

STB
Thanks for your help with this STB................Merry Xmas to you and your family.

All the best, Ozzie

·
Registered
266 Posts
Burns

Happy New Year, Ozzie.

FYI--

I have seen the Burns pipes, collectors, megs and "mufflers" for a HD. Trick and race ready. I think I saw where Mike McAdoo runs Burns on his drag bike. At least they looked like Burns in the photos I saw of his bike. You can buy the parts from Burns and get them welded "over there." I wish I had done the Burns pipes, but like most guys it was one of the first things I bought for my bike when it should have been the last. I would imagine they could design a non collector system (2-2) but I don't know for sure. You fill out a lenghty questionaire for Burns and then they design the pipes for your bike. I think they will sell the design specs even if you don't buy any metal from them. But, I think buying the collector, at least, is wisest if you go with a collector system.

Seabrook Trick Bagger

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
STB said:
Happy New Year, Ozzie.

FYI--

I have seen the Burns pipes, collectors, megs and "mufflers" for a HD. Trick and race ready. I think I saw where Mike McAdoo runs Burns on his drag bike. At least they looked like Burns in the photos I saw of his bike. You can buy the parts from Burns and get them welded "over there." I wish I had done the Burns pipes, but like most guys it was one of the first things I bought for my bike when it should have been the last. I would imagine they could design a non collector system (2-2) but I don't know for sure. You fill out a lenghty questionaire for Burns and then they design the pipes for your bike. I think they will sell the design specs even if you don't buy any metal from them. But, I think buying the collector, at least, is wisest if you go with a collector system.

Seabrook Trick Bagger
Yes I checked out their site, awseome pipe builders..................definiteley worth it to try them out.

Happy New Year Ozzie.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts