V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a custom painted set of sheet metal for a '99 RKC. Anyone know a dealer with old stock or anyone else who may have anything available? I know I can send my sheet metal off for a custom job, I was just trying to find more options. I've found numerous '01-'03 "take offs" available through eBay, but haven't come across much for my '99.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Are you looking for metal which is already painted, or sheet metal you will get painted (i.e. avoid down time)?

If its "b", try E bay, should be no problem if you take a few weeks. I got everything for my 02 king classic, front/rear fender, tank and "hard" bags, for about $500 or so. Being painted now.

Also, try Zylstra HD in Ames, Iowa. They auction lots of stuff on E bay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd prefer to find a set already painted that I liked. If I can't do that then I'll opt for the additional set of sheet metal and send it off to a painter. The other thing is that I haven't seen much sheet metal on eBay for my '99 RKC. Lots of newer stuff but not many older sets or separates available. I've been looking for an extra set in addition to an already painted set. If I end up with both I'll sell the unwanted set.

I was kinda hoping to find a set that someone had seen on the wall of a dealership that hadn't sold for whatever reason.

·
Registered
351 Posts
What do you think of the purple, silver, yellow pin strip "splash" custom paint set... as shown in the 2003 Harley Catalog on the RK....? Reason I bring this up is because I just took delivery of a 2003 RK with that paint set on it and the wife hates it!!..... May be selling the sheet metal and going to a consertative color...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't seen the '03 catalog yet but will look one up. Also, not sure what problems might be with trying to fit '03 sheet metal onto a '99 bike. I'll let you know something when I get more info.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts