V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Bowhntr
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I'm about to drop some $$$$ on a custom paint job for the deuce (I'll be keeping my original tins). I'm considering the following 3 vendors:

1) Attitude Custom Painting
2) Vividdragon.com
3) Jimmurone.com

Can anyone give me some idea if they used any of these vendors and if they were satisfied with the results.

Thanks!

ST

·
Registered
100 Posts
did u chose one? i'm waiting for estimates from attitude and vivid

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I can't say enough good things about Attitude Custom Painting. Check out my bike pictures here.

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112488

Scott and Jodi are absolutely terrific to work with and really know what customer service is about. I'm 110% satisfied with the job they did for me!

·
Premium Member
947 Posts

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
Another...

This is a bit akward...recommending myself....but if you'd care to talk paint I'm all ears. You can check out my work on the web - www.kustomflames.com and I will offer any memeber of this forum a cool $200 off the price of a paint job...

And, if I might add, the other painters in question are both very talented.

Thanks all!
Pat

·
Here for the education!
788 Posts
painters

I'm not trying to be a jerk but i have seen all of these vendors you are talking about and none of them come close to the quality i have gotten from j e illusions. They are simply the best in my opinion. www.jeillusions.com

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
For sure! Josh is one of the best! Not exactly an apples to apples comparison though...his work differs a bit and he gets top dollar - probably 25%-50% more than the others in question. But again, top-notch, show-winning quality work.

·
Bowhntr
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your comments. Sorry I didn't check back for a while, cause I guess this question has been asked so many times (I'm a Harley newbie) it took a while for anyone to respond. Anyway, I did order from Attitude Custom Paint in Fla., and my tins should be in by haloween.

Regards,

Screwtop

·
Registered
248 Posts
on-line bike painters

I've had one bike done by Attitude, and two by Jim Munroe (he's in RI)

Both are good, I (JMO) would give the slight edge to Jim. But he's a one man operation versus more of a quantity operation like Attitude. Jim's job seemed a little more "custom."
Nothing against Scott Farrell tho...did a nice job for me as well.

Again JMHO, YMMV

ace57
'06 FLHRS "mattie"

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
You might want to go with one that actually bakes on the paint, some say between each coat. This will give you a harder finish and shouldn't show the tiny polish marks that softer paint does.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Josh at JE Illusions will always get my vote and my business from now on. Best paint of seen in a long time. Absolute perfect and GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I went with Vivid Dragon. Shadd is a top notch guy returns all calls and usually picks up the phone himself. Very accomodating and works with your input throughout the process sends pics to confirm the layout and all. Uses all new oe sheetmetal not ebay sale pieces that others use and paint over. Only time will tell, should have within the next couple weeks. Seems this is their busy season.

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
route66paul said:
You might want to go with one that actually bakes on the paint, some say between each coat. This will give you a harder finish and shouldn't show the tiny polish marks that softer paint does.
Technically...............if it is a multi stage (basecoat clearcoat system) You have NO need (or shouldn't) bake the bases...as far as clears go, you don't always need to bake them. Some clears hardness or ability to show tiny sanding or polishing scratches are dependent on quality of product or technique used to color sand & polish (ie how many steps of grit used or how many compounds used). There is definite science used in the procedure of color sanding & polishing new clear coats. It even goes to the surface/clears' temperature you get the surface to while buffing...too little it wont get out the scratches, too hot it adds more. This applies to "custom paint" products...perhaps not to production or OEM finishes.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Screwtop said:
Thank you all for your comments. Sorry I didn't check back for a while, cause I guess this question has been asked so many times (I'm a Harley newbie) it took a while for anyone to respond. Anyway, I did order from Attitude Custom Paint in Fla., and my tins should be in by haloween.

Regards,

Screwtop
Let's see some pictures!

Trust me when I tell you that you got the best qaulity job out there from Attitude. I've seen so many custom paint jobs around that can't come close to the paint job that Scott did on my bike.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I too have decided to go the custom paint route. I have it narrowed down to Airea 5150 or JEIllusions. Does anyone have any input on either company?

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Another vote for Scott at Attitude Custom. He painted the tins on my Heritage 3 years ago and the quality is the best i've ever seen. You'll also get excellent customer service from Attitude. Everywhere i go people ask who did the paint.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
my stuff is going to kustom flames this coming weekend, I will give a heads up on the status as it moves along.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts