V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were going to have saddlebags custom made just for you, what would they include, look like, etc? Next month the prison unit I work at is going to reopen the craftshop. Been closed for over a year now. Some of the convicts are really skilled at leather work so I want to replace the cheap ones I have with some custom mades. I absolutely refuse to pay $500 for saddle bags. I'm hoping I can get some made for $100-$150. Just about any style, color, design, size, etc.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably just heavy leather. Throw overs. Plastic molds would just push the price up, I'm sure. I have throw overs now but I got some cheap ones to see what I might want later down the line. Import from BFE or someplace similar. They are a year old and holding up pretty good but I don't ride in the rain (on purpose) and I take VERY good care of my stuff.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
dave51 said:
Some of these guys have been locked up so long, they don't know about plastic molds.

Yea well 10 bucks says they have enough time to learn if they are in a Texas Can. LOL!

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No bet. We,ve got an old man here doing 45 years for a DWI. Of course it's his fifth DWI and he killed somebody this time.
Any suggestions on the bags?

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I think you might have opened up a whole new 'CAN' of 'WORMS' with this one :D

O' the bags, trawl the net for pics and copy some ya like?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts