V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i recently purchased a custom license plate mount for my 2000 heritage springer. I recieved it in the mail with absolutely no instructions. My question is do I need an extended axle for this mod? I am confused about how else this thing would mount. Thanks in advance, picture of said custom mount is provided below.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
From the picture it looks like the mount may replace the wheel spacer between the frame and wheel? I would call the manufacture to ask.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Is the mount on plate holder notched like your collar on the motorbike now? The collar is the thick washer that the adjuster bolt fits into (notched section) to push tire back for alignment. Anyway, if plate holder part is notched it replaces the collar already on your bike and will go "outside" frame between frame and nut. I believe if it is to replace the spacer between frame and wheel the plate holder will be too close to the wheel/tire/belt sprocket. I just went through this and sent mine back for a swingarm mount since I thought longer axle would look outta place on one side. Mine was suppose to fit/replace collar since it was notched. It turns out the part on the plate holder was twice as thick as the collar originally on bike and left nothing on axle for nut to thread onto. Just my opinion and I would in fact call the manufacturer to make sure it fits your bike.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply's, yeah I will contact the manufacturer. I just thought maybe someone else has already done this mod and could offer insight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts