V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took less than 3 weeks from order to in my hands. Built to my specs. These are a bit over 1" longer eye to eye (15.125") than the OEM units. You will have to adjust your belt as it is too slack once these are installed. That will be taken care of when the Dunlops are installed.

And the last pic........I am working with Moroso on plug wires. Working on fitment and build. Super secret squirrel stuff and all. :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now that I have some heat cycles into the new tires, the clutch adjusted well and the all new suspension dialed in (both the Hagon rear shocks and the Ohlins fork cartridges) I'll be hitting one of my favorite 2 roads tomorrow. This bike has been transformed. Lean angle, traction, cornering stability.....all so much better. I can say that the OEM tires are not only low on traction but poor in profile. Oh, and I just had to get a personalized plate for this special bike.

·
Registered
795 Posts
if the swing arm is arced down enough to cause the belt to go slack, isn't it going to go VERY tight as the swingarm moves up or the chassis down? wont that either bind the suspension, overload the bearings or stress the belt?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts