V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am not sure which board this would go on, but my 99 FLSTF got jacked yesterday at 3pm. The guy stole it right off of the playground/parking lot (I am a 3rd grade teacher). The yard is fenced in, but at 3pm the gate is opened. Apparently someone has been scoping the bike out.
Needless to say, I am really pissed, but there isnt much I can do. I am at the mercy of my insurance company, Progressive, which I have never had a claim with. Therefore, I have no idea how stingy they are.

Just thought I'd share. I guess I will have to start riding the Buell again, which I have not been able to sell for over 7 months now!

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Motherplucker will get his one day. You can count on that. Does your parking lot carry any cameras? My old high school has them and it has come in very handy. Cought some vehicle vandals with the help of those cameras. If not, then suggest them before you park your new Harley there.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Hey! Get on up now! Post some pictures of the bike if ya have em. A lot of folks here and they all have access to other sites.

PLASTER THOSE PICTURES ALL OVER THE NET. WE CAN HELP.

Course it's probably in a basket by now, but what the Hell, it's worth a shot eh? Nothing to lose, right?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Cannibal, sorry about your luck, but like Jimmy says get it out there, and just maybe there is a small chance. The insurance ordeal kind of sucks, doesnt matter what the bike sells for the inns co pays out what they determine is a "market value". Good luck

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
...sorry man

·
Registered
401 Posts
Oh Man! Sorry to hear about it. The other guys are right on target, get the photos and the word out. Be glad to help. The more coverage the better.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
FC Joe has a good point if that were to work.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss! My curiousity about insurance companies was always if they paid the tax and title fees on a bike which was to replace one that was stolen. Taxes should be figured in as part of the replacement cost. Sorry again to hear about your loss. Hope the insurance company treats you fairly. IRBIGDOG

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Sorry get them pics and location posted. Do they have cameras as was asked earlier (many schoolyards have them). They got 17 bikes this year in Boston where I park mine!! I always use a cable and lock to something. Good luck, hope you get it back and you get to MEAT the ass who took it!!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Sorry to hear about the loss. Sucks. Hope the insurance treats you fair. BTW, scary avatar....and your a 3rd grade teacher too? Get em' while their young.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the replies guys. I do have a couple of pics, but my scanner is giving me crap. I will try to figure it out and post the pics. As for the Insurance company, I will let you guys know how much $$ I recieve.

As far as getting the bike back, I was told buy the local PD, my HD dealer, and Insurance, that the bike is either in pieces or has been crated to ship overseas, in a matter of a couple hours. Of course this is purely speculation, but the probability of someone stealing to ride or keep is pretty low, hence finding it is out of the question. At least in my mind. I just want to get this overwith and start shopping for a new ride.
I have been considering an '03 softail standard, but then I got to dump all that cash into it all over again. (I really don't like stock bikes, or cars)

Thanks again guys, as soon as I hear anything or can post pics, you will hear from me.

PS, AS for the avatar, I lead a double life. School knows nothing about me after 3pm. HEH, HEH, HEH.

·
Registered
228 Posts
JimmyK said:
Hey! Get on up now! Post some pictures of the bike if ya have em. A lot of folks here and they all have access to other sites.

PLASTER THOSE PICTURES ALL OVER THE NET. WE CAN HELP.

Another idea might be to check Ebay. I seen on the news around here a couple thiefs were selling or fencing goods on Ebay.
You may might have a couple of unique add on parts that may lead to the thiefs.

Just an idea.

Sorry to here about your loss.. Sin

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
cannibal said:

PS, AS for the avatar, I lead a double life. School knows nothing about me after 3pm. HEH, HEH, HEH.

Yea but maybe one of your third grade students Daddys knows and swiped yer bike cause he don't like Satanist teaching his kid?

If I had a third grader and I found out the teacher worshipped Satan, I'd send the dude home if ya know what I mean. ;)

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
JimmyK said:

If I had a third grader and I found out the teacher worshipped Satan, I'd send the dude home if ya know what I mean. ;)
Correct answer.

A+

1 - 20 of 58 Posts