V-Twin Forum banner

Custom Color: Dragonfly Green Pearl and Vivid Black

16K views 45 replies 43 participants last post by  FlaFatBoy 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen this color in person yet? It's only shipping in Jan, Feb, and March. I was thinking of ordering an Ultra but I am unsure how it will look in person.

#5 ·
I was at my local dealership over the weekend and there was a guy picking up that same bike except he had full whitewalls on it. They were just bolting on the temporary tag and he took it for a couple of turns around the back parking lot. I'm usually all about the black, but that green looked pretty good. It was darker in person than it appears in the pic.

#6 ·
I saw it in the paint "chip" book at Myrtle Beach H-D last October and thought it was awesome!

#8 ·
There's a "Green" at Atlantic County Harley in NJ, but it's not that green. It's a "flip-flop" green, changes colors as you walk around. Goes from green to gold to a turquoise to a blue of some kind. Not as radical a change as some flip flop paints but nice. It's a custom color, only a few will be released.

#11 ·
Jim, I saw it on a Low Rider and thought it looked great. It was in the service area under controled lighting. The way the light was, It was hard to see the paint undertones or sparkle. Was really thinking of buying it as I was in the market for a L.Rider or a Super Glide.
We werre @ another dealer to pick up some parts last nite and saw it on a softail under the showroom lights.
All I could think of was , Im glad I didnt buy that color bike. It reminded me of a 70's dunebuggy color. I would advise anyone thinking about buying that color to see it outside in good light before signing the dotted line.

#16 ·
Saw it on a bike today and really didn't care for it. It looks like geen metal flake. Might look different in sunshine, though.

And, no, green is not a bad thing. Last 2 bikes I owned were green - 33K on 1st & 25K and counting on current.

#18 ·
If you're still looking...check out Fletcher HD (Clearwater, FL) website. http://www.fletchersh-d.com/BikeSales/nbike.asp?bk=477. They have several actual photos of DFG Ultra. I saw one outside in sun at Mile High HD in Denver last week. Honestly not sure what I think - and I have XL1200C ordered in this color. Ships from Milwaukee to local dealer in 2 weeks. -- Heck, I'll be thrilled with anything. After 3 other bikes, will be my first HD.

#19 ·
I saw (3) bikes at the local dealer. A Sportster, Duece and a Heritage.
Awesome color, even for a green. The color changes as you walk around the bikes. In the sun, (what little we had) you can see alot of metal flake.

#20 ·
barkster99 said:
If you're still looking...check out Fletcher HD (Clearwater, FL) website. http://www.fletchersh-d.com/BikeSales/nbike.asp?bk=477. They have several actual photos of DFG Ultra. I saw one outside in sun at Mile High HD in Denver last week. Honestly not sure what I think - and I have XL1200C ordered in this color. Ships from Milwaukee to local dealer in 2 weeks. -- Heck, I'll be thrilled with anything. After 3 other bikes, will be my first HD.
Only one word comes to mind.YUCK-2$en#e-

#23 ·
Picked up my '06 RK Classic in the Dragonfly Green/Vivid black last Friday. I have never been big on green, but there is something about this color. Was going to buy a dark cherry color & then they rolled this one out onto the floor.
It looks pretty amazing in the sun.

DT

#25 ·
Its almost orange/yellow in the light.

I've got some pearl finsih on my teal bike, it turns all different shades of purple, blue, teal.

That picutre doesnt do it justice, the bike really pops out at you, but its not what I would have - I like the Yellow with pearl flake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.