V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have SEPST (orange device), cable, software. However, the software is not compatible with my Windows 10 computer (the software predates Windows 10). The local dealers are telling me they're not allowed to sell the software anymore - which I suspected because of the lawsuit and settlement related to this).

Is there anything I can do to get this software loaded onto my computer so I can read DTC's; diagnose, repair; and then clear codes? I'd also like to be able to read the tuning maps, etc, of course.

·
Super Moderator
19,552 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Old Thinkpads are wonderfully built and cheap on Ebay. I use them with Windows and Linux. For XP torrent pre-activated XP (the Black Edition has more drivers etc included, it's a fan-built version used by many vintage gamers) since MSFT already got paid for the OS when the notebook was sold, but if you like bloatware you can find original recovery media .isos to download. (I've been downloading then virus and malware scanning warez since 1999 with no issues.) If you need Windows 7 choose something that came with it or Vista. T61s and other C2D proc notebooks run everything from XP to Vista out of the box and 7 is compatible. See Thinkpad forums for any hardware questions. Pads are great to work with and their HMM (Hardware Maintenance Manuals) are outstanding.

All those old notebooks GREATLY benefit from a solid state drive and installing one in a T61 and most older Pads can be done by removing a single screw. SSDs are a terrific upgrade over spinning rust and of course are more drop resistant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts