V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone just completed financing of your new horse? What kind of interest rate and number of years is HD offering?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Got 6.9% from Peoplefirst.com. Dealer wanted 8.9%. Did the whole deal on-line, and they mailed me an open check up to the loan amount.

·
Registered
268 Posts
5.39% through my local credit union. I wouldn't go with a loan through hd there rates are too high.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I got a" home equity line of credit" from provident bank,cincinnati,oh . I pay prime minus (-) .40% is 4.35% my bank wanted 7.6% I am planning to pay the loan off in 36 mo. been paying for 9 mo. if intrest starts to go up I have a long way to reach the 6-7% range..
11/06/02 FED JUST DROPPED .5% SO MY LOAN WILL NOW BE 3.85%...

·
Registered
49 Posts
4.9 through the local credit union for me. rates should be around 5% anymore and they are hosing you. if you have been hosed, refi your bike ASAP, there are rarely more than $50 in fees so even a small rate can drop your cost of borrowing pretty quick! check with them about adding a lien to your house so you can deduct the interest without having the expense of a home equity loan.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a home equity line of credit at 4.75%. Its tax deductible and I can pay whatever I want on it.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
My credit union does'nt loan on motorcycles due to the fact some are uninsured during the winter!:mad:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow, I had no idea this was getting so low. I think I'm at like 12% or something. Guess that's what I get for buying when I had no job. Any suggestions on where/with who to refinance? I can't have it tied to my house as I may be selling in less than a year. Might save me as much as $20 a month, which ain't much, but after another 36 months that's $720. Ok, well, $720 ain't too much either, but what the hell, $$ is $$. Maybe I could refinance the GF's bike under my name too....
On the other hand, if I do tie it to the house (i.e. home equity loan) I can sell it at any time, and not have to go through the trouble of selling a vehicle I owe on. Not that anyone wants to sell their bike, but the move in a year may tap the $$ reserves enough to require it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
credit union :D

DESCRIPTION - TERM - APR
New Auto - 24 months 1-24 Months 3.99 %
New Auto - 60 months 25-60 Months 4.99 %
New Auto - 84 months 61-84 Months 5.49 %
Used Auto - 24 months 1-24 Months 3.99 %
Used Auto - 60 months 25-60 Months 4.99 %
Used Auto - 84 months 61-84 Months 5.49 %
Used/New Recreation 1 -84 Months 8.90 %

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
RSG, welcome to the forum. Rates are pretty good but they're 10 months old. Check the date next time dude! lol

·
Registered
178 Posts
through HD is 8.5% if you add any kind of extended warranty it drops to 6.9%

1 - 16 of 16 Posts