V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all, I'm just wondering if anyone here is familiar with the Storz Racing/Ceriani inverted fork. I'm starting to think I've got the only HD in the world with this fork! It's an awesome thing... 55mm, black anodized, massive black triple trees. My Night Train handles like it's on rails :)hystria: ). anyone else...?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, i am a little late in replying but i am thinking about getting a storz front end for my FXR. It really is a great looking front end and i have only heard great things about them. i like the black inverted forks with the chrome triple. i will probably get the 2inch overs. Did you buy direct from Storz? Interested on how the bike handles relative to what you had before.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a little late on the reply, too! I actually bought my bike with the fork on it- that's one reason I bought THIS bike. Having ridden a stock NT right before mine, I found the Storz fork to be noticeably more rigid. Part of that, though, is also that my bike has billet Extreme Machine wheels (now removed and FOR SALE). My bike also has dual discs, which makes for better stopping than stock. I would strongly recommend Storz, if one can afford them!

·
Banned
482 Posts
I had one for a few months and took it off and sold it. To say I wasn't impressed with it would be a serious understatement. I didn't like the way the bike felt with it, I didn't like the stiff ride or the weight of the front end. What I wound up doing was changed the valving in my stock dampers, installed single rate springs, a fork brace and a fairly light weight fork oil 15w. This setup is the best that I have found for this bike (FXR) I have run a few others but I wasn't happy with them. The bike handles like its on rails but doesn't dive in curves or hard braking situations. It is also not as choppy on slab freeways as the Ceriani.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
I have been looking at the Storz Ceriani forks. 55 mm is pretty big for a Sportster. I installed a set of straight rate aftermarket springs last month. Ive put about 500 miles on them and they are super. Only $90 delivered. The front is tight and all rattles removed. No bottoming out. Its a sport ride, not a geezer ride. Coupled with the fully adjustible Showa shocks I put on the rear this bike is fun to ride and very stable. What sort of effect would the 2" over trees make? I see it might look cool but handling balance is surely to be effected. Is a fork brace of any real consequence?

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
GCB Ceriani Forks question

I have these forks on my FXR. Does anybody here have service info. or an exploded diagram of these forks? I have an oil leak to sort out and need disassembly info. Thanks Steve.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Stev36mc

notwithstanding the oil leak, how do you like the front end. I have an FXR and am planning to put the Storz on. Did you get the black ones with the chrome TT?

Free

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
What is the verdict, Do You Like your STORZ Ceriani 55mm

So I am looking at adding a pair of Storz's to my Dyna Wide Glide FXDWG3. How do you like your forks, where they worth the money.

Did you go dual disk, was that worth the money?

Do you have any pictures?

Thank You,

Joel Kennison

1 - 8 of 8 Posts