V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 01 xl1200 that I'm doing engine work to. I'm installing the reaper 505 515 cam kit with hp+ lifters porting the heads with the s&s hi 4 ignition system along with the extra plate clutch kit and 30t front pulley, it already has the screamin eagle 2 slip on and the CV carb has 200 main jet with 48 idle jet. My last dyno pull she was making 62.5 hp and 67 toque but at that time my stock ignition system was failing at 4800rpm. Question is what kind of increase will I be seeing?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ok I have a 01 xl1200 that I'm doing engine work to. I'm installing the reaper 505 515 cam kit with hp+ lifters porting the heads with the s&s hi 4 ignition system along with the extra plate clutch kit and 30t front pulley, it already has the screamin eagle 2 slip on and the CV carb has 200 main jet with 48 idle jet. My last dyno pull she was making 62.5 hp and 67 toque but at that time my stock ignition system was failing at 4800rpm. Question is what kind of increase will I be seeing?

Much of this is irrelevant. You would probably do better by searching the dyno section of various forums for dyno sheets of 1200 sportsters with the Feuling 505/515 cams. Look for sheets with a 2-1 exhaust.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What t-prop said.

Look for dynos to get an idea. See if that's a recipe someone's had consistent good results from and ask them. OTOH if you're just throwing a hodge-podge of parts at it, you won't know until you get to tuning. The parts have to "play well together."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts