V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I got this straight, but I want to make sure. I plan on doing SOMETHING to the bike this summer, but it will depend on funds.

a 95" is stock cases bored over.
a 98" is after market cases.

a 103" is stock cases bored like the 95" with a stroker kit.

So, what does the 98" cases with the same stroker kit come out to?

I know the 37g is recommended for 95"-98" bikes. What about the 103 or ?"?

Yes, I know this depends on my riding style. My riding style is me or light 2-up (she only weighs 110 when she feels fat). I like lots of stop-light power, but realisticaly a lot of my riding is highway (been averaging 1000 miles/month since buying this bike in October). So I guess I'm really just the typical 2000-4000 rider.

Also. I plan on doing all the work myself with the exception of cracking the cases for the strocker kit. Anybody know how many hours of labor a shop would typically take to crack cases and swap the flywheel?

Thanks in advance, and when I get done we'll ?prty:

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
niget2002 said:
I think I got this straight, but I want to make sure. I plan on doing SOMETHING to the bike this summer, but it will depend on funds.

a 95" is stock cases bored over. YES
a 98" is after market cases. NO, 98" bolt on kit from HDWRENCH site sponsor
a 103" is stock cases bored like the 95" with a stroker kit. YES

So, what does the 98" cases with the same stroker kit come out to? You need a matching stroker piston, doubt there is one
I know the 37g is recommended for 95"-98" bikes. What about the 103 or ?"?

Yes, I know this depends on my riding style. My riding style is me or light 2-up (she only weighs 110 when she feels fat). I like lots of stop-light power, but realisticaly a lot of my riding is highway (been averaging 1000 miles/month since buying this bike in October). So I guess I'm really just the typical 2000-4000 rider.

Also. I plan on doing all the work myself with the exception of cracking the cases for the strocker kit. Anybody know how many hours of labor a shop would typically take to crack cases and swap the flywheel?

Thanks in advance, and when I get done we'll ?prty:
Only partiallly answering your questions, cams and stuff is for the experts......
Contact HDWRENCH and he'll walk you through

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
The 98 uses stock cases. Because of the nickel coating the walls don't have to be as thick. So, it's like a 95 with the cylinders bored out a little more.

Hope I helped,

Stan

·
Registered
487 Posts
revolution makes a cylinder kit Bolt on for the 103 to go to 107 but if you already have the cases open case boring isnt much a of a issue its just money

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I meant cylinders on the 98"... not cases. Don't know what I was thinking when I typed that.

Thanks for all the info.

·
43 Fuel Curves
819 Posts
Stated CI Cold CI
88 88.36
95 94.35
98 97.44
103 103.19 95 stroked
107 106.57 98 stroked

Look at the Wood's TW6HG +4, Red Shift 557TC, Wood's TW-8G or Andrews TW67G for torque with a 103 or 107.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts