V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Faithful to the bottle
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using a cruse controll. If so what kind, how much, where purchaced and ease of opperation please...
Thanks
-S

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
I think Stinger may have meant something fancier than the star adjuster. I have had zero problems using this low-tech thing on my Wideglide. I see the ones on ebay and the other site and they are fine..but it takes about 2 seconds to set the stock throttle friction knob. Other than the thumb rest type and the ones shown in here..I don't know of others. I don't know if you can get any fancier on a Dyna.

Semper Fi,
Steve...Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003

·
Faithful to the bottle
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great guys thanks, I wasent really looking for anything fancy, jst something easier than the thumb wheel at 70mph LOL

·
Banned
154 Posts
Those are the only type I have seen that allow you to take your hand completely off the throttle with out massive deceleration.

There is always the Throttle Boss from Kuryakhn(sp whatever) But that only works with certain types of grips.

I've used the Throttle Mate for a couple years. I find it very easy. Push it forward with your thumb to set the speed, flip it back with your index finger to release.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Brakeaway

I actually was able to look at the Brakeaway and decided it's not for me. It is polished aluminum and stands out against my all chrome bars and controls. It's also bulky looking taking away from the lines of the bike.

Dennis

·
B-Rad, BFMC 104
537 Posts
Well that leads me to believe that I could get a cruise setup for a touring bike and plug right in as well... Seems to me that if they are using plug-n-play then it must be the same for the factory cruise that we don't have the option of getting. I'll be getting that cruise module off ebay now and we'll find out. :boobies:

If that's the case, the HD cruise kit would be cheaper, and it would be factory looking.

Brad

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a Custom Chrome electronic speed control. It is integrated into both brakes and is operated by push button. It won't fit my grips though. I bought it off eBay, so need to resell it. Let me know if you are interested...

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
More options...............

THEStinger said:
Great guys thanks, I wasent really looking for anything fancy, jst something easier than the thumb wheel at 70mph LOL
Have you decided on anything yet, The Stinger?

Here is another similar locking device I came across, sounds like what you asked for - Cruise Mate

And for the Aussies, something a bit fancier to get you across the Nullabor -

http://www.bradcroncruise.com/index.htm

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Personally, I have had no problems with my Throttle Mate lever..cost about $12 at a bike show a couple years ago...

Just did an Ebay search...there is a guy selling one for $17...plus $2 shipping..thats way overpriced...don't spend more than $13 plus shipping...

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
I use a big o ring. just push it over and it holds the throttle like the old sportster did. It is easy to turn back and you just pull it back on to the grip in town.
It cost about 43 cents.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts