V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if any one has the Cruiserworks boot? I would like to know if the boot is a good one or not a good one. I am looking at the Engineer style type. For $219 plus shipping, they better be a good boot, I would think:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Have Heard of 'em

I've heard of the company. I recall seeing some reviews of their products but that was sometime ago.

Bottom line: I know nothing BAD about their products. I "recall" reading good stuff about their boots. Take "nothing bad" as a very good thing. I'm positive I read good things about this product.

I'm also very positive that I was seriously considering their boots. I decided on a workboot (designed to be "on your feet all day") with a steel toe. Cost me a $100 but I can wear the boots for 16 hours without my feet hurting and they feel great when I'm riding. My boot is not a "cool" boot, just practical.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you Jim. I also have a work boot for just work. I want a good boot for the bike and around the house. I don't plan on buying boots very offten, so I want to get a good pair and the money thing is no big deal, if the boot is worth it. Harley has one for $110 but I just wonder how good they are for the money. I am a firm believer in (you get what you pay for)

·
Registered
727 Posts
hey Markcuda I just couldn't resist. I went out and bought a pair of H.D.
engineer type boot. It took a few days to break in, but they are comfy.
The only thing I didn't like, was the leather seems "soft". Before I knew it they were almost worn through from the shifter. Some new leather, glue, and dye, now they are better than new.

CARS ARE LITTLE AND SMELL FUNNY.........DZLFITR

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a pair, they're hella comfy and they've been through a few downpours without any problems. Totally worth the money IMHO.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wear Doc Martens.
I have the high ones with 8 eylets. They work great, and they are only around $125.00

·
Registered
206 Posts
My partner bought the Cruiserworks Boots, and really likes them. He claims great traction, very comfortable, and waterproof...

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for all the replies:) I was kind of wondering how a boot will stand up with the toe shifter, that is if you put your toe under the shifter instead of using the heal shifting option. My self, I like using my toe but if the boot will look like $hit, then I will shift the other way.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Red Wings made in USA, union made. Lasts me years. Everything else Hermans servivors, Chipawa's, anything else just lasts me six months on the constuction sites. I have also considered a riding only boot like the cruiserworks, I have heard good things about them, good to change shoes/boots often.

·
DR EVO
1,757 Posts
i bought a pair of herman survivors logger boots 5 or 6 years ago and i still wear em all the time. that was back when they were american made and good quality. the red wings ive owned were horrendously uncomfortable. i have a pair of wolverine durashocks for work, they need to be electrical safe. very comfortable boots.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I wear a pair of Mack (like the truck) work boots 7 years ago. I normally wear them riding dirt but recently started using them on the street. They are comfortable and not too expensive since I bought them at a Kmart/Wal-mart type of store.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The only thing I didn't like, was the leather seems "soft". Before I knew it they were almost worn through from the shifter
I have the same problem with my HD boots, but I do have an actual hole from the shifter, I'm still wearing them because they are the most comfortable boot I've found. I can ride in them all day and walk around in them all night with no feet problems. I do have a hard time getting comfortable shoes, sometimes even sneakers hurt my feet. I'm going to take them to a shoe maker when winter hits and see what he can do for me. I really don't want to give them up and I'm too cheap to buy a new pair:D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tried Danners, Red Wings and Georgia Boots. All ok, depending on your riding environment and needs. Decided on the Georgia Boots. Still breaking them in, but they felt good from the beginning. 200 gram Thinsulate, Gortex. So, in Oregon I can wear them year round for any weather. Recommend not having steel toe boots in colder environments as they can transfer cold to your toes, not conducive to an enjoyable ride when it's cold.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I've had good luck with Double H brand harness boots they're quite comfortable both on & off the bike, reasonably priced and have performed well in the rain. I use only the toe shifter (removed the heel shifter for more floorboard room) & have noticed no significant wear on the toe, just a mark of distinction.
Rod :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts