V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am purshasing an 06 ultra. I have two builds I am contemplating. The primary one is the axtell 97'' kit, with cylinders and forged pistons, woods tw5g cam, heads done by Jim at Megaflow, SERT, SE air cleaner, SE quick install push rods, and some kind of exhaust, hooker, t-rex, rinehart, or SEII slipons. The alternate build would be, stock heads just cleaned up by Jim at megaflow, stock cylinders torque plate bored to 95'', SE flat tops, andrews tw26g cam, SERT,SE air cleaner, SE quik install push rods, and SEII slip ons. Wat would be the best build for two up riding, 75% of the time, in the 2-4000 rpm range?

·
43 Fuel Curves
819 Posts
Both excellent choices. I would change to true fit push rods instead of adjustable, .030 under stock. Oh, and if you do the TW-5G, add roller rockers. They are both builds for heavy bikes ridden two-up in the 2000-4000 range. If money is no object, go with the more powerful 97/TW5G.

You left out one of the best choices for pipes, V&H Pro Pipe. If you don't like 2 into 1 pipes, look at Cycle Shack.

One other thing to consider, if it is no holds barred, is the Dual Flow Daytona Twin Tec Package from BC Gerolomy and forget the SERT.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
SEDELUXE05 said:
you can also go to 98in kit from wrench tw5g, rollers, per fit push rods(heads have to come off any way) and have dewey do the heads.exhaust is up to you.
Yeah, you're right, both good choices. We recently did a 98 nikasil kit with the Wood TW6HG and was able to squeeze 120 TQ out of it with Deweys Heads. The TW5 has the same profile except reduced on all fronts to match up to the slightly lower .570 lift that it carries instead of the .590 of the TW6H. In other words, a smaller cousin to the 6H. Nice cam with good power for two up AND for spanking the local young uns with their 95 and stock or mild 103 builds. Also, no reason that you can't combine the two and go 95 with the tw5 which is very tasty also. Check out HDWRENCH for the 98 and also Axtell Sales is running a sale on 97 and 98 kits, I believe. Keep in mind that they are both good builds, but no comparison between the 5 build and the 26 for on demand power.
Enjoy your new scoot!

G

1 - 3 of 3 Posts