V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, help please i am in the process of building a bobber,I have an evo 1340 engine for it with delkron cases and a ultima belt drive primary, my problem is that the crankshaft splines seem to be big for the pulley insert and also the stator rotor approx .8mm outside diameter. I purchased a new pulley insert for a pre 99 evo and this one doesnt fit either. I have a twin cam engine also and the parts fit fine , any ideas pleas because i am stumped . Thanks to anyone who can help

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
All the evo engines have the same size splines on the crankshaft left side...
Are you using the sprocket shaft extension for you base?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No they are a different size , I have 2 engines side by side on the bench one is a twin cam and one is an evo, The twin cam stator rotor and pulley insert are supposed to be the same size as an evo , non of which fit my evo crank spline. I purchased a new pulley insert for an evo but this still does not fit my evo spline . The outside diameter of the twin cam spline is .8mm smaller, also the end of the shaft on my evo looks slightly different than most pics, it does not have the machined smooth section after the thread it just has the splined section and the threaded section . The problem is I don’t know what model the engine is so I don’t know what parts to order. Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts