V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a crankshaft shipping container to ship my crankshaft in. I was wondering if anyone had one laying around i good use. I'll pay shipping and something for your time.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Mori,there is a place called Pro-pac in Deptford nj that will build a crate for it and shipp it for you. They package stuff up super nice and safe. If your in the area. Bob

·
Registered
622 Posts
Check w/ the dealer or independents, they may have some or have a build coming up and will save it for you.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Idea for ya'

Go down to the local Car parts dept and you should find a box that is adiquite for the size...
Wrap the crank in a couple plastic trash bags and get yourself several cans of the insta-foam that is used to fill in the drafts and cracks around your house from the hardware store...
spray some in the bottom of the container for a cushion...
Then with the crank inside the bags then put the crank in the box on top of the foam after it has set up...
spray the remaining voids up with the foam and allow it to expand and your there...
For shipping go to the bus terminal and inquire about what it would cost to send to the destination desired to perform the work...
paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts