V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Im trying to find out what this crank and rod assembly is my buddy has, 23954-07 Crank (R) 23940-07 Crank (L) 24328-05 Rod 24333-05 Rod, The assembly came out of a 07 Softail standard, I thought the 07 up were all 96" but he was told the bottom end is early 07 with an 88" bottom. Running the part numbers got me turned around so Im asking for any help. He was gonna put this bottom end in his bike because he has an 88. Think he ended up buying another crank assembly not sure. Came out with 3000 on the motor, what would the assembly be worth

·
Still the Same!
1,781 Posts
I cant help with part numbers, etc. If the crank has less than .008 run out it is worth probably $2-300. I paid 275 for a used A model crank. People buy used to send to Darkhorse, then their bike stays together until the crank returns from John.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Measure from the center of the crank pin to the top of the flywheel
2.156" 4" stroke 1.968" 4.375" stroke

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks AVG I just measured it and it is a 96" setup, now how can I check runout on the crank out of te cases like this. If I remember correctly these dont go into a truing stand like the evos are setup but rather ran on the bearing surface, is there a stand for for this

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
trueing wheels

Thanks AVG I just measured it and it is a 96" setup, now how can I check runout on the crank out of te cases like this. If I remember correctly these dont go into a truing stand like the evos are setup but rather ran on the bearing surface, is there a stand for for this
You can check the trueness of the flywheels when out of the cases but for best results you will need to install the wheels into the cases to see what the run out is. dsv

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
You can check them in a regular truing stand but first you must re machine the taper in the end of the output shaft on the 07's and up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts