V-Twin Forum banner

Craftsman Red lift

5K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  scotter 
#1 ·
Can’t find one, anybody modify other brands for the Dyna?

#8 ·
On the FXR, the kickstand bracket on the bottom catches first and makes it wobbly on the jack. A 1/4X1X6 piece of aluminum on the opposite side of the jack stabilized it.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

#18 ·
That's a whole 95¢ off the Harley Davidson retail price, but they do appear to be NIB condition.
Wood Hardwood
Automotive exterior Vehicle Auto part Automotive tire Tire

Here's what a used (20 years) set looks like. Also mounted and ready to be lifted. The little hard plastic channel is the piece that goes under the shark fin. I can't count the times I've had to replace the double sided tape that holds the plastic and rubber pieces together.

Notice any difference between the cheesy stamped steel fin from the later bike and the Manly forging from the older bike.

How do you like my mud flap drip tray? I find them all the time down in the shopping center parking lot. Can't argue with the price.

#25 ·
I did same to mine ( as FWDWG03 did to his ) 1/2 bolts, reamed holes also.
The only difference is I cut cross bar and then beat a 12” x 3/8 “ pipe inside.
However with cross member pipe still in place it will only lower to 6”, enough for me … but if not enough you could re-weld back farther.
Widened by 6”… now a little over 12 1/2” between platforms.

I have an older Dyna , so no issues with the fin, but it is definitely easier to miss jiffy stand & drain plug & sump. Seem to have good stability.

Vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Tire Trailer
Bumper Floor Vehicle Machine Steel
Floor Flooring Machine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.