V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
not sober all the time
5,489 Posts
I have an older red Craftsman jack but it doesn't work on a Dyna without a frame adapter of some type. I never lifted a Dyna with it because of that. The J&S jack is far superior to the Craftsman and I lift my wife's Dyna with it. No adapter needed.

·
Registered
2008 Dyna Super Glide Custom, 2015 BMW K1600GTL
116 Posts
I have an older red Craftsman jack but it doesn't work on a Dyna without a frame adapter of some type. I never lifted a Dyna with it because of that. The J&S jack is far superior to the Craftsman and I lift my wife's Dyna with it. No adapter needed.
I have a J&S and it seems like I still should have the frame adapters for my 2008 Super Glide Custom. Where are you placing the arms to clear everything?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,441 Posts
What's so special about a Dyna that requires a special jack?

·
Registered
507 Posts
That shark fin that sticks out below everything, There to protect the oil pan. Towards the rear on the right side. The other 3 points of contact are frame rails.

·
Registered
16,441 Posts
On the FXR, the kickstand bracket on the bottom catches first and makes it wobbly on the jack. A 1/4X1X6 piece of aluminum on the opposite side of the jack stabilized it.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
not sober all the time
5,489 Posts
I have a J&S and it seems like I still should have the frame adapters for my 2008 Super Glide Custom. Where are you placing the arms to clear everything?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
I'll have to take a look and snap a pic with the jack in place. It fits fine as I've had the Street Bob on the jack several times.

·
Registered
2008 Dyna Super Glide Custom, 2015 BMW K1600GTL
116 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
That's a whole 95¢ off the Harley Davidson retail price, but they do appear to be NIB condition.
IMG_1128.JPG
IMG_1130.JPG

Here's what a used (20 years) set looks like. Also mounted and ready to be lifted. The little hard plastic channel is the piece that goes under the shark fin. I can't count the times I've had to replace the double sided tape that holds the plastic and rubber pieces together.

Notice any difference between the cheesy stamped steel fin from the later bike and the Manly forging from the older bike.

How do you like my mud flap drip tray? I find them all the time down in the shopping center parking lot. Can't argue with the price.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts