V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my Craftsman lift from Sears yesterday. It is a nice tool for sure, and the price is right. $129 and no shipping if you have it delivered to the store for in store pick up (takes a couple of weeks). I didn't know they made one until I saw the write up in the August Hot Bike mag. Compare this price with a C lift or other bike lifts, and it comes with the jack already. It has casters and a nice handle to help you roll it around. It even comes with 2 ratchet straps to secure you bike to it. It sure makes wheel cleaning an easy job!

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
I saw one at sams club for about 80 bucks. Seems like a good investment to me too. Kinda' hoped someone in the neighborhood would buy one so I could just borrow theirs, but I guess they figured the same thing.

·
Registered
695 Posts
4 people (not including otterbob) have told me that they really like their Sears lift. From what I've heard, I will get one also. I'd kinda like to get my bike "first" -- still don't know when.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Hey Bud,

Mine is here (did you catch the pictures on the other thread?) but I now have two wait 1-2 weeks for the install of some items, that's how backed up the dealer is...

·
Registered
695 Posts
OH Come On !!! Your bike is in? I missed your thread and pics. Where is it? (to save me some searching time)

So you mean to tell me that you've waited all this time and now you have to wait 2 more weeks? I guess they're going to do the same thing to me.

I am real happy for you dude but I'm sure not as happy as you are. Great News!!

·
DR EVO
1,757 Posts
i dont just like my lift, i love it! dont know how one would do without one. ill never pay a dealership an hours labor to remove a tire. it only takes 5 minutes if you have a lift!

·
Just bad
698 Posts
FXDeanX said:
Smells Chinese to me. I'd rather pay extra and keep an American employed

Dean
I guess you could say that's what I'm doin - my 10 year old Lincoln floor jack with a 2 X 12 piece of Georgia pine to spread the load :D

With my luck the damn metal parts on the jack were forged in China, assembled in the Phillipines and placed in a box where the boat docked at Long Beach

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have a Sears jack and a FXDWG and it works just fine. You will have to leave the kickstand down. But that is no big deal. It won't go under the bike with the stand down.
Tim

·
Registered
176 Posts
Dyna Lift Kit

MCLOWRIDER:

It was interesting to see your question tonight, I just bought the Sears lift and Harleys lift adapter kit for Dyna's. The Harley part number was 98965-99 - Twin Cam 88 Lift Adapter -

I haven't used them yet, just got 'em, but I'm looking forward to it. The lift adapters snap onto the frame of the Dyna (mine's a Wide Glide) evidently to level the jack on the frame. I wasn't aware of the kit until talking to the Sales Manager at the local HD shop and he mentioned it.

I'm looking forward to getting the bike in the air for wheel cleaning, inspection, etc., instead of breaking my back and grinding my knees like the last many years.

Happy riding!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
I got a C Lift a couple years ago, when it was about $50 cheaper. Like it a bunch, don't know how I got by with out it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
BTW with my "home made" lift I've taken off the back wheel and changed my clutch. Not to mention smaller tasks like changing pegs and cleaning.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought the sears jack when it was on sale $89.00 it came with tie downs to hold it to the jack, had to use a 1X4 to fit my sportster but it works fine, the jack is made out side the USA but I did pay my US dollars to SEARS the same day I paid $19.95 in US dollars to my local Harley dealer for a chrome ignition module cover (H-D # 66328-82T) that is made in TAIWAN but willy G did put it in a genuine HARLEY-DAVIDSON moter accessories package! ps I still love my HARLEY
FYI: REG PRICE=$119.00 SALE PRICE=$99.00 USED MY SEARS CARD GOT EXTRA 10% OFF=$89.00...TOOK THEM 17 MIN TO GET IT TO ME FROM THE WHEREHOUSE THEY SAID IT WOULD TAKE 15 MIN SO THEY GAVE ME A $5.00 OFF MY NEXT SHOPPING SPREE.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Whoop...my ol' lady bought me a lift for my b-day, from the dealer, and yep made in China! :eek:

But I gotta say it works great and I love it even though she paid through the a$$ for it. :)
Hope it wasn't too painful. ;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts