V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever seen Yaffe Crack Pipes on a Harley? I've seen plenty of them on customs and really like them. I remember seeing a set on a fatboy once, and I recall I really dug them, but I'd like to be a little more sure. Anybody happen have a pic of them on a stockish Harley?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
They are made by Supertrapp, but they are just straight pipes, not good for performance.
I think you would have problems even fitting them on a bike unless it had forward controls.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HIPPO said:
They are made by Supertrapp, but they are just straight pipes, not good for performance.
I think you would have problems even fitting them on a bike unless it had forward controls.
I know I'd lose performance, but my experience with drag pipes is that the difference is not really VERY noticeable on the bike. Sure there's a bit of power loss, but IMO, it's pretty small. Easy to see on a dyno, tougher to feel on the street. I'm willing to lose a bit of HP/Torque. I'm not into the speed or drag racing thing. My bikes pretty much stock, and it's got plenty of power for the type of riding I do. Oh, and I do have forward controls too so they should fit for sure.

I just remember seeing these pipes on a Fatboy, and at the time I thought they looked great, but I just wanna be sure. The fatboy i seen 'em on was at a dealer here in Denver. It had a lot of chrome, but body/frame wise, it was essentially stock I think, except for a wide tire and bobbed rear fender.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Paul has them, either chromed or ceramic coated black, I think the chromed ones are around 500 bucks and the ceramic coated ones a couple hundred more.
Only saw them once on a production bike, they seem to be an acquired taste.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Honkylips said:

I know I'd lose performance, but my experience with drag pipes is that the difference is not really VERY noticeable on the bike. Sure there's a bit of power loss, but IMO, it's pretty small. Easy to see on a dyno,

That's where "Power Kones" come in, They would give you back the "back pressure", you lose, by runnin STRAIGHT PIPES....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts