V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed I have a circumferential crack almost 360 degrees on my lower bigshot exhaust. Of course the warranty is up, and the funny thing is, its behind the last bolt to frame. Its on the portion thats free hanging, so I'm puzzled as to what could have cause it. Its thru wall on top (Leaking) and now poses a hazard to other riders, (Don't worry Its off the road till my E series comes in). The only thing I can think of when it come to creating a stress riser is it seems to be located near the froward edge of the Baffle.
Just wanted to post and make others aware of the problem and to see if it prominent with these
pipes, there bout 2-3 years old.
Jammer

·
Crazy as a Bastard
223 Posts
Jammr said:
Noticed I have a circumferential crack almost 360 degrees on my lower bigshot exhaust. Of course the warranty is up, and the funny thing is, its behind the last bolt to frame. Its on the portion thats free hanging, so I'm puzzled as to what could have cause it. ...Jammer
Call this guy...I met him at the Myrtle Beach display and seems pretty knowledgeable. Harry Bostard (yeah, I asked him if it was his real name too), Samson Motorcycle Products in Ca., phone 714 518-2480...believe me, if you b**** enough, they will do something...or show up at their display and don't go away until satisfied. Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts