V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first bike is my current bike it is a 2000 Softail Standard. The only problem I have and why I didn't try to walk/ride out of the dealership today with that bike is the my Standard in front of the store. I have sold to many things in the past like guns or vehicles and have regretted it not because the next thing I bought was not nice or anything I just liked what I sold. So I think my only option is to become a collector. :D My softail just spoke to me and continues to so I don't want to part ways with her. I have sold things like my last truck that I didn't give two shits about and never looked back, but I love my bike. My bike is my best friend there are many like it but this one is mine type of thing. How does your buddy like his on long trips and handling around a down town and country road enviroment? That seat was holding my ass like a 1000 dollar whore and I liked it. :p I probally looked like a fool bouncing up in down in that seat today but who cares.

Also just to say it because I saw it. I came across the oddest/coolest touring bike today in the parking lot of the dealership it was a roadking that was all black I mean everything but the the pipes which I found kinda odd since everything but the head lights was black. Engine, wheels, turn signals, bars I mean everything. And not the night train black engine a painted black twin cam engine. I stared at it the whole time I smoked my cig when I got there. And then went into the dealership and thought about cheating on my bike with another, a cop bike that was Jet black with a cool ass seat. They even turned on the red and blues. Too bad us common folk can't have those lights I would be pullin over hot chicks all over town and assholes that drive like crap (nevermind I live in ATX there are to many) . But I will wait on this bike for awhile any way but I think that it might be the next love of my life.

Jeff

·
Registered
695 Posts
Woa....Nelly ! I think I better try out that seat HA!

I know what you mean about selling stuff and then later wishing I hadn't. My wife was trying to get me to sell my other bikes so I could get approval to buy my Harley but just couldn't do it because of (just like you're saying) previous mistakes. I like all my metric bikes for their purpose. Sometimes I get the need for speed and other times I get the need for dirt, although there are many times I'll use my touring bike to give rides to my son's friends. I got a feelin' that when I get my Harley the other bikes are going to get jealous HA! It's like one of the other members here "harleyhog" -- I hear voices HA!
The friend I told you about is 6' 5" and he has no problem enjoying the same bike you're thinking about, like I said before he loves it and rides it all over the country.
Thanks for the post dude -- ride safe!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.