V-Twin Forum banner

101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
not sober all the time
5,324 Posts
What I was referring to was the subject was still relevant.
Yes, wearing cowboy boots while riding is very relevant. A cowboy hat, lasso and chaps comes in handy also. Helps complete the outfit and it's much more fashionable than the usual pirate stuff.

As for a deceased person being able to see a comment, depends on your beliefs. I have lived in housed where spirits were active.
Spirits are active where I live too. As a matter of fact I beliefs it's time for some spirits. :) Cheers.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
If we are going to keep this thread alive:

The last time I wore cowboy boots riding was in 1985. I was at Ft Knox and ran the heel through my belt drive going though a traffic circle. Yep, that hurt pretty good. No more cowboy boots.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
There's a comment below his name that says, "banned." It's been there for 'bout 4 years now. I think he's on permanent vacation.

I scrolled back to Berserker's post #65 and it don't say that anywhere so I looked at his profile and I don't see banned there on my phone either.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,864 Posts
I scrolled back to Berserker's post #65 and it don't say that anywhere so I looked at his profile and I don't see banned there on my phone either.

I'm still trying to figure out how you "determined he was dead" and decided to start spreading that "news".

I really have no idea what this site looks like on a phone but I gotta say it is surely missing a LOT to fit on that tiny screen and that the whole phone thing seems very millennial-ish to me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I guess for a lot of people their heroes have always been cowboys. More than once I have seen a motorcycle with an actual western saddle on it. How they fastened it on I have no idea. I'll just stick with the boots as I haven't found a hat that fits over my modular helmet.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
I always thought Cowboy boots were for big belly people, so they don't have to go thru the agony of tie'en their shoes?

I was responding for a friend :giggle:

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
I always thought Cowboy boots were for big belly people, so they don't have to go thru the agony of tie'en their shoes?

I have no clue what is on my feet. I look straight down and can't see them so I must have invisible feet. It don't matter what I am wearing.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've been riding pretty much my whole life in cowboy boots. The shifter will eventually wear down the boots, but that's normally not until I've re-soled them 3-4 times anyway, so by time the shifter gets em they're old boots. I own a bunch of pairs of boots, and my Laredos appear to hold up better to the abuse of riding than my Justins. I find the bigger problem with cowboy boots is forgetting to get a solid footing with your heel first and then having them leather soles slide out on a greasy road/driveway. I have absolutely dropped my bike in the garage due to cowboy boot slippage.
agreed. it can leave you in an unstable situation.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts

Velcro high tops work well. I don't enjoy my belly. If it wasn't for smoking pot I wouldn't eat at all. I have fluid buildup, because after they worked on my neck the fluid started backing up. Thanks to Medicare I've been able to have a go round of tests to find out my rt kidney looks like a raisin. Onward with a kidney doctor. I take 2 different fluid pills and Warfarin. Have to juggle the Warfarin with 81mg aspirin or a small cut could bleed me to death. Already I have noticed my belt line shrinking no one else has noticed though.lol. My left leg used to feel like concrete, but it is better now and I ride every day.

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
"My left leg used to feel like concrete, but it is better now and I ride every day."

Good news Cap... ride every day.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
"My left leg used to feel like concrete, but it is better now and I ride every day."

Good news Cap... ride every day.
You know that is what is nice about the posers on this forum. I could feel bad for a day come on here with attitude and the guys will kick my butt and make me feel better. Everyone needs an azz kicking once in awhile. Through the couple of years here y'all have put up with me, because some are worse than I am. As the years have gone by I feel my attitude has changed and I try not to hurt someone's feelings. It is so easy to make a snap remark, but a person is on the other end as they proudly show off their ride. I admire many bikes and the types of bikes tells a short story of their owners. Most I wouldn't ride even if I could just not my style. Sometimes on a trip I would see the touring bikes loaded up and wonder if they have a different bike for around town. I wouldn't want to ride that big bike everywhere.

Anyways it sure is swell to get up in the morning have my coffee and scroll through the forum to see whats up. I'm up early this morning looking for my leather jacket it was packed away in March when summer started. Today the high is 66 winter is here.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
At 66 degrees I would be wearing my chaps as well. I did an early ride Sunday and ha the jacket without the chaps, my legs let me know my error.
Once mine warms up the radiator keeps my legs warm. Something to say about chit like that. On the other hand it can be right toasty in August.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
You know that is what is nice about the posers on this forum. I could feel bad for a day come on here with attitude and the guys will kick my butt and make me feel better. Everyone needs an azz kicking once in awhile. Through the couple of years here y'all have put up with me, because some are worse than I am. As the years have gone by I feel my attitude has changed and I try not to hurt someone's feelings. It is so easy to make a snap remark, but a person is on the other end as they proudly show off their ride. I admire many bikes and the types of bikes tells a short story of their owners. Most I wouldn't ride even if I could just not my style. Sometimes on a trip I would see the touring bikes loaded up and wonder if they have a different bike for around town. I wouldn't want to ride that big bike everywhere.

Anyways it sure is swell to get up in the morning have my coffee and scroll through the forum to see whats up. I'm up early this morning looking for my leather jacket it was packed away in March when summer started. Today the high is 66 winter is here.

I can agree cap, If it's this place or just getting older and having feelings? I actually tip when I can for waiters or waitresses now, when younger I was a putz and would not tip, I had my reason at the time, now I feel differ.

37degrees this morning, I still haven't brought out any light jacket yet.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
I can agree cap, If it's this place or just getting older and having feelings? I actually tip when I can for waiters or waitresses now, when younger I was a putz and would not tip, I had my reason at the time, now I feel differ.

37degrees this morning, I still haven't brought out any light jacket yet.
I admire your bristling muscles as they keep you warm.

101 - 120 of 135 Posts