V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the other two threads on this subject have went straight to hell, I just wanted to share an experience I once had. In 1976. I was 26, in the Army stationed at Ft. Stewart Ga. The first swine flu was the big news of the day. On a Friday afternoon (can't remember the exact date) without any advanced warning every company on post was ordered to assemble all their troops at their mess halls. We were lined up like cattle and informed we were all getting a swine flu shot. No exceptions. So every GI on post got one like it or not. At the time nobody gave it much thought. We just did what we were told. The only question that was quietly brought up was Why Friday evening. As usual, no real answer.
Well come Saturday morning we all found out really quick. Sick call was the worst that had ever happened not to mention that no one ever went on sick call on a Saturday. The dispensary;s and clinics were overwhelmed. Most like myself were told to go back home and ride it out because there was nothing that they could do for us. I went home and couldn't get out of bed until late Sunday night. What we found out was that the shot we were given was a live virus vaccination and was supposed to keep us from getting the damn swine flu. Those in the know knew exactly what was going to happen and sure enough it did. Up until then and ever since I have never been so sick in my life. Then to top it all off we were told that sorry but the swine flu petered out and didn't cause any real trouble after all. Thanks.
The big thought I have now is if this new problem we are having is much worse and is really happening I can't imagine what it would do to me now. I was 26 then so my 70 year old a$$ don't feel so secure right now. But hey, I didn't get the swine flu, I don't think. Well maybe not. Guys do whatever it takes to keep you and yours safe.

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Many times I have had bad colds and thought I had the flu, but it turns out I only had it once. It started like a cold and then all my joints swelled up and it was uncomfortable to put it mildly. That was nothing compared to the feeling of them going back to normal as I got better.

I see on the news they starting to call this the Chinese virus mostly, because the Chinese government tried to cover it up. Why would they do that unless it is a man made virus. It started in one town and spread everywhere. This cover up is no worse than the Chernobyl cover up. A radioactive cloud drifted around the world. This is not something that I can stay home and avoid. Oh well it was long ago and I have no effects from the cloud except when I take a leak and hold my green pecker.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
I see on the news they starting to call this the Chinese virus mostly, because the Chinese government tried to cover it up. Why would they do that unless it is a man made virus. It started in one town and spread everywhere. This cover up is no worse than the Chernobyl cover up. A radioactive cloud drifted around the world. This is not something that I can stay home and avoid. Oh well it was long ago and I have no effects from the cloud except when I take a leak and hold my green pecker.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
You do know that Wuhan, where it originated. has one of the worlds largest "virus banks" in the world right?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
One of the reasons I never joined the military...I have a BIG problem taking orders.
Same... I got told to leave after a year. My Company comander called me in to his office for a talk. Said I was a hard ass. He told me if a war broke out he'd of hand picked me to fight in his foxhole with him. He basically told me with my stack of article 15's in ten years I'd still be a private or in Leavenworth. Got in alot of fights and when I was younger I didn't play as well with others. I'll tell ya for an agency based on violence they sure frown on fighting..... Lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts