V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Oregon which this week just enacted a "stay at home order" due to Covid 19. Prior the order it was just voluntary. But, since nobody paid any attention they made it mandatory by executive order.

Last weekend I road by myself got self serve gas, packed a lunch and stayed out of public places. The new order calls for all to "stay at home" unless you have a reason like shopping, Doctor, work, sick relative you get it. But, going on walks riding your bicycle is still OK as long as you don't do it in groups and practice social distancing. Now, it is a "stay at home order" Are you excluded from riding your Motorcycle by yourself as long as you practice social distancing?

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
We have the same order in Michigan. I don't think it allows a joy ride in the country. But mode of transportation isn't specified, so if you have a legit reason to go somewhere no reason you can't do it on your bike.
Just my jailhouse legal advice.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I'm Essential, take me to your leader :alien:

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
My doctor is in Ravena, NY. She is a proctologist and this hemorrhoid is killing me. Honest officer if it wasn't for a Mustang seat I wouldn't have made it this far.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I guess I'll bring some latex gloves for pumping gas.
Actually, still snow here so it'll be a while yet.
This is the good riding weather down here before the Texas heat wave arrives. I was wearing a hoodie sweatshirt.

Hardly any cars on the roads what a pleasure cruising. Plenty of restaurants open giving out to go plates to your car. I sat outside and ate mine as I was on the bike. I'm riding the 2 wheeler.hoohoo

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
So, riding the bike to work is alternative transportation, riding on the weekend with no destination is mental therapy and still legal.

·
Premium Member
6,927 Posts
So far our resident douche Andrew Cuomo hasn't gone full-on Mussolini in NY. He might try at some point as part of the political show he's been putting on but a forced stay-at-home would be unmanageable in a week or two. I was in Walmart this afternoon and other than it still looking like it was looted there were quite a few people doing pretty much what they do in Walmart. Same with a lot of the other stores that are permitted to stay open. Apparently liquor stores are essential.

I do believe that if someone needing material for a human behavioral study or required paper isn't out there observing this thing first hand they're missing the boat. I'm a little amused at how far people will go to avoid others and the types of people that do or don't care much about any of it. Watching today at a grocery I went to after Walmart I noticed most of the people avoiding others at all costs or wearing masks or both were markedly different in the way they carried themselves. They looked more like submissive sheep where the ones acting as if it was just another day had no masks and made reasonable attempts to distance themselves but didn't put a ton of effort into it.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Might be all fun and games for some, my daughter is self employed and her business is shut down until further notice.
It will take her years to recover if this last very long. I also have a relative that is a nurse and she has just tested positive and has been quarantined. Other than the health effects of this thing it has put financial stress on some good hardworking people.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
To add, they are both in NY State

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
Might be all fun and games for some, my daughter is self employed and her business is shut down until further notice.
It will take her years to recover if this last very long. I also have a relative that is a nurse and she has just tested positive and has been quarantined. Other than the health effects of this thing it has put financial stress on some good hardworking people.

please dont take it that way, we are all dealing with this the best we know how. Sorry and prayers sent for your current situation.

·
Premium Member
6,927 Posts
One very bad thing with this is it's going to get WAY more political than it has and that's when people will start suffering the most. Since this isn't R&P I won't get started but there's a bunch to say about how this is going down and being politically 'weaponized'. Not that I would have expected less from the usual suspects.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
So much for the old “ my body my choice” argument.

Sent from a handheld item of convenience

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I'm not telling people what to think, I'm merely expressing my opinion that this is all BS. Nothing but sheep herding. I have no other truth to go by than math. Math doesn't care about feelings. Math is cold hard truth. Just do the math...... Then look up average deaths for same period caused by:
Medical malpractice
Drug overdose
Suicide
Abortion
The plain old seasonal flu
Auto accidents
Smoking
Cancer
People just do the math. I'm not posting it because someone will accuse me of fudging the numbers. I ride a motorcycle with wheelie bars and nitrous....... I seriously have no fever of a flu.... Again math doesn't care... Just my observation...

·
Premium Member
6,927 Posts
I'm kind of with Arc on this. The more I watched and read the more things just weren't making sense. I can see some initial concern but the numbers aren't supporting the continued hysteria. Remember the numbers are being based on what cases are known and peppered with some guesses. If it spreads like the wildfire we're being warned of there must be significantly more cases going unreported or even unknown if there are no symptoms. Since it's somewhat difficult to die without anyone knowing about it there is some accuracy in number of deaths. But if you were to factor in the unknown cases the death rate would very likely drop significantly. What was initially purported to be a huge shitstorm will most likely turn into the average fart.

Now before those that seem to be unable to separate fact from opinion start in with nonsensical claims about my position, I'm not minimizing the suffering that has come with this thing. But given what we've seen we should be shutting down the country every flu season if we were really concerned with death rates. I think we're going to see more come out of this of a political nature than of concern for the citizenry.

·
Premium Member
3,431 Posts
Business as usual for me. Just got back from air travel. Just being cautious. I'm not one who is going to go out and panic shop. It is what it is and it will run its course. Who knows how long this will continue but it is and will put a hurting on a lot of folks health and financially.

1 - 20 of 223 Posts