V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
under my night train its an 06 with 1000 miles on it thats it under the bike wear that drain plug is the hole flat surface right up to that voltage regulater thingey with the fins on it.. it was coverd with that dry oil thats thick and sticky like grease... the damn thing only has 1000 on it its brand frickin new and its coverd all in oil underit.. what gives... also when they did the cams thay chipped all my wrinkle powdercoat on the cover... bastards... tomarrow im riding it overthere and right into there garage and tellin them i aint payin for a thing... it all needs to be fixed... what do u think all the oil is from being a brand new bike... any info

·
Not-so-Fatboy
1,115 Posts
8-Ball said:
Demand a new cover, an undercarriage spit shine, and a new keyboard. This whole thing has all your words runnin' together.
:hystria:

On a serious note, I would make them replace the crap they damaged. Let us know how you pan out.....

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Everything that they damaged should be replaced at no cost to you. As far as cleaning, I would do it myself since they will probably mess something else up when they attempt to clean the bike.
These are a few of the reasons why I do all the work on my ride myself.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Just a wild guess but I bet they didn't get the pushrod covers on correctly or left the o rings out. Makes a hell of a mess in a hurray.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Check the neck. A lot of new Harley's will lose a pretty fair amount of grease from under the neck where the bearings are. I found all of this gloopy crap all ofer the front valve cover and down the front cylinder. Looked up at the neck and very quickly found its origin. I asked the service guys about it and they said not to worry, it's normal. Now the chipping I would have them pay for...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts