V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Hey Tourist, it sounds like they're sharpening knives! Those guys can ride. But the GWs are way too quiet. Sounds like it might get boring listening to just the wind and the floorboards. Noticed a couple of hairy moments where he gets off his line and has to double-drag it. Nice video though, and some skilled dudes.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
where is that road? i wanna go!!!!!
also, what kind of camera is he using and how would it be mounted?

thanks

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
Its nice to see some guys on goldwings that can actually ride :clap: Actually those two guys have better lines than 90% of the people I ride with

·
Registered
769 Posts
alaskan302 said:
Its nice to see some guys on goldwings that can actually ride :clap: Actually those two guys have better lines than 90% of the people I ride with

Very good lines ,, and very good riders ....dragging hard parts on a 20 thousand dollar motorcycle is kinda stupid..you can ride the same line with a little less speed and not be grinding away the bike.... rat

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Nice! Yep couple hairy moments, even heard tire squeal at one point. Very good riders. The speed (hard to really tell) looks comparable to when I went through, did drag a couple times (Ultra) but not near as much as they are. Good run nonetheless.

·
Have chrome will travel
506 Posts
ratt said:
Very good lines ,, and very good riders ....dragging hard parts on a 20 thousand dollar motorcycle is kinda stupid..you can ride the same line with a little less speed and not be grinding away the bike.... rat

Don't look at my footboards too close. :D

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
Great videos...Thanks!!

Kinda made my butt pucker a little watching it though.....both times I've ridden it I come upon trucks taking up both lanes of the road. I just don't think I could run it that hard, would love to but nah!!. Now if they closed the road to let you run it as hard as you wanted to.....bring it on! But other wise call me chicken!!!

o~\o

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
VERY skilled riders

vtxjosh said:
Just goes to show how well the GL1800 handles, they are beautiful bikes.:thumbsup:
Maybe I'm wrong but I'd bet those guys could take Vespas (or EVEN an Ultra...heaven forbid) through there with the same result. I'd say 75% rider and 25% bike. The average rider woulda been on his ass in the 1st mile (like that doofus bailing on the Road King a while back)...those guys are GOOD....

·
Lighten up!
593 Posts
1bdBagr said:
Maybe I'm wrong but I'd bet those guys could take Vespas (or EVEN an Ultra...heaven forbid) through there with the same result. I'd say 75% rider and 25% bike. The average rider woulda been on his ass in the 1st mile (like that doofus bailing on the Road King a while back)...those guys are GOOD....
Yeah you are exactly right it is definately the fact they are great riders, but Honda did design that bike to handle better than its predecessors, even though the bike has big power it has excellent handling for a touring bike! There is nothing like a Goldwing 300k on a motorcycle is almost unheard of from what I know and those bikes are capable of reaching that!

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
ratt said:
dragging hard parts on a 20 thousand dollar motorcycle is kinda stupid
rat
I drag my floorboards on MY $20,000 bike and enjoy doing so. So you think its kinda stupid, I think it's kind of fun!! Don't know what your missing. Knowing your bikes limitations just may save your life someday!

Merry Christmas

Mark

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
I enjoyed the link. Thank you.

I thought everyone with a bike rides like that on occasion, don't they?

Weather it's on a dirt bike to the limits, skis, skates or a road king.

·
Registered
434 Posts
They appear to be very familiar with the Dragon. A while back I rode it seven times back to back and never really learned it. Lots and lots of curves! The newer Wings have great suspensions and brakes. There's a former roadracer around here who can really torment the sportbikes on his 05'.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Skinny girl said:
Believe someone who has dont it! Don't ever and I mean ever ride a Goldwing Gl 1800 unless you intend to buy one.%[email protected]
you are absoulutaly right! i rode a gl1100 for many years, they are nice strong bikes, but i made the mistake of riding a freinds 1600 a few years back and had to buy one then i test drove one (1800)at the local dealership and that was a big mistake looks like i might be trading come spring. the improvements over the years in handling and performance is amazing.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts