V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just asking if anyone ever removed there counter balancers in a tc88b engine without rebalancing the crank assembly,, looking into building a 107inch and since the cases are split for a timken retrofit I was thinking of throwing some extra weight in the garbage. Just wondering if its going to vibe the crap out of itself since the crank is balanced at 50% and people are balancing them at 60% without balancers..

EDIT : looks like its going to be a 95inch , I would still like to know if anyone out there is running a 95inch without balancers and didnt rebalance the assembly .

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
vwtek said:
Just asking if anyone ever removed there counter balancers in a tc88b engine without rebalancing the crank assembly,, looking into building a 107inch and since the cases are split for a timken retrofit I was thinking of throwing some extra wieght in the garbage. Just wondering if its going to vibe the crap out of itself since the crank is balanced at 50% and people are balancing them at 60% without balancers..
Send a PM to HDWRENCH on this one...he runs without them on his big motor..but I think he's at 60 percent.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well since I have no feed back on this one and dont want to be a test subject I will be leaving the balancers in , could not find a shop in Canada that has the equipment to balance a TC crank. One thing I will try is removing some weight from the balancers. Remove about .100" from them and then weight them to make sure they weight the same. I know SBC does that to strokers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts