V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what total cost for parts and labor is to switch to Screaming Eagle Exhaust, breather, and having the carbs re-jetted. Has anyone had this done?

This is called the Stage One right?

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
The msrp for the parts are listed in the "official" H/D P&A catalog. Some dealers charge over msrp. However, some other dealers offer small discounts. 10-15% is not uncommon. The hourly shop rate for labor varies from shop to shop and around the country. Was in a H/D shop yesterday and the hourly was $75/hr. Ouch!

Larry tell us he did the work himself with a parts costs of $350. If ya' have the tools and some mechanical ability, you can do the work yourself. For those of us with no skill, we'll go to the shop! Our Forum techie experts will be able to tell ya' the number of shop hours involved to install a Stage I upgrade on a Sportie. I'd guess about 1 1/2 to 2 hours of time is involved.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was at the dealer yesterday and he quoted me a price of 600.00.

That sounds way to high, especially since the have the SE Slip-Ons on sale for 159.00 right now. I could easily put those on and the breather but I am nervous about re-jetting the carb.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Smokey,

In early April my stealer/dealer called to tell me to come in and order the stuff I want to add to the Fatboy I ordered in January.

I went with the SEII slipfits and the SE breather kit. The labor for the ECM reflash was added to the price of the breather kit. Total was around $560.

I am *still* waiting for my '02 fatboy (don't get me started:mad:)

wyodude

1 - 7 of 7 Posts