V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how much the MOCO charges to set a new odometer to my current miles?
Thanks

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
98RKC said:
Anybody know how much the MOCO charges to set a new odometer to my current miles?
Thanks
Nothing if you buy it from the dealer. You can request it be preset when you order it. Around here most dealers can't/won't do an aftermarket odo, or one bought elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
Was eying one on eBay that was new and set to 36,+++ but never installed on the bike, I'd need it to set at 47,+++.
Oh well.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Reset?

I'm not sure how they all work but you for the sake of the DMV, you may need to keep it where it's at and they will make a notation on your registration that the actual mileage is different than the speedo. I had a Sporty that had that a couple years ago. A previous owner had the dealer put a new speedo on it and it had to start at zero....check with your state or DMV. They would be the ones having a problem with it.
Tim

·
Bank Robber
959 Posts
If you want it to read right, then you will likely have to purchase it and have it done at you dealer. As far as DMV goes, when you sell the bike (In CA I am sure that other places would be similar), there is a section on the transfer for actual mileage. If it differs from the ODO, then there is a form that you can fill out and sign stating why there is a difference. I did this on my 95 sporty that I sold as the speedo was replaced with the fat tank kit. No problem in the transfer.

Fangar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts