V-Twin Forum banner

61 - 80 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Idiots is right. My sister works for a medical supply company and she mostly does fittings for braces, etc. Some woman came in looking for antibacterial wipes and of course they were out. So the woman picks up some anti uric acid paste that's used for elderly that wear diapers. It prevents and treats the urine burning the skin. She wanted to know if she put that on her hands if it would protect her from the virus. My sister told her no and it will not prevent pregnancy either. Morons are taking over.
The product is called Endit and $12 buys a small jar. It also dries up bruises to help prevent a blood clot. I take Warfarin and bruise easily.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
The Prez has interrupted the Price is Right again. It is amazing how the countries hysteria has come together to end this crisis. Amazing to me, because most people haven't cared about the other foreign invasions that affects a localized population. The clams that are rapidly covering the bottom of the Great Lakes. Who cares they aren't in the bottom of the lakes in NC. The Chestnut blight did affect the Smoky's, but I'm on the coast. An oyster blight affected NJ. You can find some grass oysters, but no abundance. We have plenty down here. Texas could have kept fire ants and hogs, but they had to share. I'm sure there are things in y'all's neighborhoods that you would rather not have and as long as it doesn't affect me I don't care. Duuude you can keep the snakes down there thank you.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Duuude you can keep the snakes down there thank you.
Have I got a great story about a snake.... Local guy here in florida ( this story is a year or so old) had a bunch of snakes... One got loose.. No biggy huh? It was a KING COBRA snake.... First thing I thought is how in the fk does America allow KING COBRA snakes into America..... I mean this is the problem with the Anaconda's in the Everglades, should never have been allowed in America!!!!!!!!!!

The Cobra was found a couple? of days later,................. under the neighbors dryer.....

·
Super Moderator
19,932 Posts
So I watched someone from the CDC explain how soap and water is the best way to clean your hands. The Virus is a protein package protected by a lipid (fat) shell. And that the soap dissolves the shell exposing the proteins to the environment which kills them.

So the process of dissolving the fat shell is emulsification. That's how soap breaks downs fats and oils.

Us wrenches are going to be almost immune. We wash our hands 5-10 times a day with hand cleaner that has 10 time the emulsification power of regular soap.

And we seldom touch our faces with are greasy hands. We use a dirty shop rag for that.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Have I got a great story about a snake.... Local guy here in florida ( this story is a year or so old) had a bunch of snakes... One got loose.. No biggy huh? It was a KING COBRA snake.... First thing I thought is how in the fk does America allow KING COBRA snakes into America..... I mean this is the problem with the Anaconda's in the Everglades, should never have been allowed in America!!!!!!!!!!

The Cobra was found a couple? of days later,................. under the neighbors dryer.....
Florida’s snake problem is with the python population, not anacondas. Reticulated and Burmese pythons have been spreading since the 70s and really got of control after Hurricane Andrew when many pets and zoo reptiles got loose.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Florida’s snake problem is with the python population, not anacondas. Reticulated and Burmese pythons have been spreading since the 70s and really got of control after Hurricane Andrew when many pets and zoo reptiles got loose.
You are correct, thanks for the update.

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Well you could have the problems of Charleston when hurricane Hugo came and released the big cats from the zoo. They did manage to capture the tigers and lions, but the jaguars and cougars must be more wary. It has been a long time since that hurricane and the animals have likely died, however a cougar was run over on the highway last year not 5 miles from my house.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Wild critters are common at home....the Deer are all over town. So you KNOW their predators are close.

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I have shot deer from my bathroom window. They were delicious.

SC is closing the beaches won't be long NC will follow. The police actually went to Carolina Beach and told people to leave the strand.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have shot deer from my bathroom window. They were delicious.

SC is closing the beaches won't be long NC will follow. The police actually went to Carolina Beach and told people to leave the strand.

Florida's are closed starting tomorrow.... The spring break pictures did not help....
OOPS, my mistake, not all beaches

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Florida's are closed starting tomorrow.... The spring break pictures did not help....
OOPS, my mistake, not all beaches
Well I looked at the link and I was sadly disappointed as I thought it was about gals in string bikinis at open beaches.

·
Registered
16,115 Posts
...the Deer are all over town. So you KNOW their predators are close.
Over population and less fear of humans has driven them to easy meals.

They're just giant rodents with antlers.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Bad timing on my part as I bought a new "used" truck at the end of Feb.
I wanted a little more than they would give me at the dealership for my old truck so I said I would sell it privately.
Put an ad on CL to sell old truck and then the CV19 started hitting the fan. Got one reply from a scammer and then nothing.
While later a real person expresses some interest but wants to know how low I can go. I give him a price and he drops a lowball offer. I said no thanks. Thought about it overnight and decided "a bird in the hand..." So said to him come look at it and make an offer. Again with the "how low can you go?" I told him a low price that he agreed to IF he buys.
So we meet up, he's with a friend, and they go over the truck with a fine toothed comb but I have been honest and they couldn't find any other problems other than what had been previously disclosed. I have also come to realize that these guys are car flippers. Then he starts in with lower offers (raising offers in $100 increments) than agreed upon. I got pissed and was getting ready to get in the truck to leave and he say's to his buddy "pay the man". So I sold it but it was a pain in the butt and ended up getting the same amount as I would have gotten in a trade-in. Oh well.... honestly I think I'm fortunate to have sold it with all this uncertainty right now and glad to have money as opposed to two trucks.

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
better to have 2 motorcycles and 1 truck than 2 trucks and 1 motorcycle.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Over population and less fear of humans has driven them to easy meals.

They're just giant rodents with antlers.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Hahahaha, clueless. They come into town to get away from predators....there isn't an over population of ANY game animal in our parts....EVERYONE hunts. However the Wolves are a problem for EVERYONE in our area, protected and revered by the libtards that sadly run this state, who haven't a clue about ANYTHING that has to do with nature, or how to manage it.

·
Laughing Poseur
5,253 Posts
Bad timing on my part as I bought a new "used" truck at the end of Feb.
I wanted a little more than they would give me at the dealership for my old truck so I said I would sell it privately.
Put an ad on CL to sell old truck and then the CV19 started hitting the fan. Got one reply from a scammer and then nothing.
While later a real person expresses some interest but wants to know how low I can go. I give him a price and he drops a lowball offer. I said no thanks. Thought about it overnight and decided "a bird in the hand..." So said to him come look at it and make an offer. Again with the "how low can you go?" I told him a low price that he agreed to IF he buys.
So we meet up, he's with a friend, and they go over the truck with a fine toothed comb but I have been honest and they couldn't find any other problems other than what had been previously disclosed. I have also come to realize that these guys are car flippers. Then he starts in with lower offers (raising offers in $100 increments) than agreed upon. I got pissed and was getting ready to get in the truck to leave and he say's to his buddy "pay the man". So I sold it but it was a pain in the butt and ended up getting the same amount as I would have gotten in a trade-in. Oh well.... honestly I think I'm fortunate to have sold it with all this uncertainty right now and glad to have money as opposed to two trucks.

I don't need money that bad to put up with that crap....Ida told him to pound sand right from the start....nothin pisses me off more than jackasses hittin me with "what's the lowest you'll go" before even seeing the vehicle....Fuk em.

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Do you have a dog? Y/N if yes then you probably have the wrong kind of dog. Get the kind that grows up and eats wolves.

61 - 80 of 143 Posts