V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinkin' of buying the Corbin Dual Tour leather seat, trunkrest, and backrest through the J&P Cycles catalog. They have a first time order from the current catalog, 10% off offer. They have free shipping if the order is more than $299.00.

Model for the FLHT With Chrome studs on all three pieces ...
Seat 569.95
Trunkrest 199.95
Backrest 219.95

Total 990.00
-10% 99.00

Total of $ 891.00

Good deal? Easy to install yourself? Better to order from Corbin, ride up to Daytona and have them install it themselves?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
UC I have heard a LOT of bad press on Customer Support with Corbin. I have not experienced it myself but ya may want to look into it.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I agree with Jimmy. But on the other hand, J&P has a good reputation. Talk to them about your concerns before make the purchase. I think you'll find that they will let you return it with no problem.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah ... I've read all about Corbin's total lack of customer support and it worries me. Still haven't made up my mind between the Corbin and the Mustang ...

Corbin ...
+Leather breathes, cooler
+Leather looks nice
-Driver positioned 1" further back, may need bar pullbacks to adjust
-Always worryin' about puttin' on a rain cover or not
-Will it never break in and always feel too hard?

Mustang ...
+Looks almost as good as the Corbin
+Everyone raves about the comfort
+Driver positioned 1" closer, brings the bars back to me a little
+OL has more room
+Everyone says customer service is great
+No worry about rain covers
-Costs about the same as the Corbin for a vinyl seat
-Vinyl doesn't breathe, hotter down here in Florida

Can't someone just look at these lists and make the choice for me. Got everything just about perfect on the '02 Ultra ... this is about the last thing I want to do to it and don't want to screw it up.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
decisions decisons

IMHO, had both, liked 'em both. I think Mustang is better value - and looking at your list it seems like the mustang wins out. I replaced the original seat on my '89 FLHTC with a mustang and it took a little time to break in but was much better than the OEM. I replaced the stock seat on my '94 1200 Sporty with Corbin and liked it because it was lower and more comfortable.

·
Registered
684 Posts
UltraClassic, This is totally a subjective issure really. It's what YOU like and makes YOU feel good to be on that really will count. If your going to daytona or another major rally where the big Corbin truck will be, buy it right then and there, bring a few wrenches and throw it on the bike right away. We did that at Sturgis and found them to be really great to deal with and the price was cheaper than anywhere else we found.

After Sturgis we rode all the way west to Wash, up to BC to another Rally and all the way home to the Prairies. I have to say that seat was like sitting on a frickin rock for a few days, but afterwards it started to feel better and better and now it is one of the most comfortable seats. I honestly never worry about getting it wet cause what the hell can you do, cant baby the bike all the time.

Either seat your looking at will be a good choice and I know you will like it.

CHEERS
FXST99

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Price ain't cheaper on a Corbin truck. They sell 'em at list. Try gopartsdirect.com. You can plug in your J&P cycles part number and see the savings for yourself. Now, I know somebody's gonna saw How can it be cheaper from a supplier vs. the manufactuer's truck? Don't know why but it's that way with Corbin and T-Bag.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts