V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to put a new Corbin Close Solo Seat on my 2006 Road King Classic tonight. Front of the saddle is hitting the dash and the rear still has 1/2" left to go to fit over the bolts. The bike has a wiring harness coming out under the dashboard that dosen't seem to be helping. Tried bending the front tang on the saddle down but I can't figure how this thing is ever going to fit. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Dan:huh:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've got an 05 RK with the Corbin Classic, but had similiar problems. Loosen up the dash and it'll go together a little easier.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still no go.

Thanks guys but I loosened the dash and moved it all the way foreward. Doesn't hit the dash now but still 1/2 " from going on. Wrestled with it for 2 hours tonight, quit before I got out out the BMFH. Not sure what to do next. Thanks, Dan:nope:

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
I was told by Corbin that the 06 RK changed slightly and that Corbin has not come out with the 06 seat yet. I spoke to several at Corbin and all confirmed it. I am waiting a couple more weeks and will contact them again.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seat For sale

Thanks, I guess I'll go with plan B. Anyone need a Corbin Close Solo for a 2005 Road King?

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Maybe stating the obvious, but the rear tang is adjustable under the seat. You did try loosening the screws back there and moving the tang right?

·
Registered
60 Posts
tlr is correct. I spoke to Corbin and the 06 Road Kings need a new basepan molded for the seat because of the new way they have the wiring harness routed inside plastic covers. I spoke to them a few times starting in October and I am suprised it is taking them this long to mold the new seat basepan.

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
I can't get a brand new classic solo for my 06 FLHTCUI to fit either...it is not even close. WTF?:whatever:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts