V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Recon
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a hassle to get my new corbin solo to work on my Street Glide. After pictures and many calls Paul agrees to send me a new seat but he is too busy with bike week and to call another rep. instead of a new seat i get a replacement pin. The same pin I had. Seat still does not fit looks pretty bad at the front of the seat(fit) This is really trying my good nature. I told you folks I would let you know how this works out. Ay this point I think I just want my money back and that will be another hassle. Corbin has really gone down.

·
Recon
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I spoke to corbin this AM. To their credit they are sending out a new seat to be here within two weeks. They did not ask to inspect my old seat first and I appreciate that.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I had good luck with mine , it gets better everytime I ride it , have about 8000 miles on it

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Bought a Corbin and the fit was worse than I had expected. I too have a Street Glide. I purchased a Mustang Day Tripper. Very comfortable, for around town and short hops. I also bought the Screamin Eagle Ultra Low Profile seat and love it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yikes, I am just about to order a classic solo with backrest for my LR. Maybe I should think again. Their advertising says they will make one adjustment for free. Mustang won't make adjustments, so that's the reason I like Corbin. I also don't want to be moved forward, as the Mustang will. I like the comfort of my Sundowner, but I tend to slide back on accel., and there's no way to add a backrest.

GaryinSanDiego

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Corbins are leather, mustangs are plastic.

Corbin is adjusting to the '06 changes... they will get it right and they will make it right.

Most comfortable seat I have owned. The customization Corbin did for me made all the difference.

Just call Corbin and ask customer service if they have solve the fitment issues for '06 and let them make your seat... the way you like it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Fat_Train said:
Bought a Corbin and the fit was worse than I had expected. I too have a Street Glide. I purchased a Mustang Day Tripper. Very comfortable, for around town and short hops. I also bought the Screamin Eagle Ultra Low Profile seat and love it.
What Corbin seat did you put on the Street Glide?? Was the problem with the nose of the seat at the gas tank or the whole seat? I also have a Street Glide and have been looking at the SE Seat for a replacement. Maybe adding some aftermarket foam if it is not comfortable enough. Did you go with the stock SE seat or is there something different I'm not aware of? (Ultra low profile??) Thanks......

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
I too have had serious problems with the Corbin solo for an 06 RKC. Hard to explain, but the gist of it is this. To get the seat to fit very snugly to frame and not be loose, you have to adjust the rear plate all the way towards the back of the bike. That's great except you then CAN NOT remove the seat. My solution was to put 2 washers in front bracket, which had the effect of lowering the latch pin as well as moving the rear bracket about 1/4" to the front from the rearest most position. The seat now fits 90% pretty good. It is a little loose when you wiggle it and not entirely flush at the tank, but close. Let me know if you need any pics on it.

·
Liberal Slayer
212 Posts
I have a Hollywood solo for a 2003 Sportster and it has been the best solo seat I have ever used. The fit was perfect and the ride was good. I have been very happy with Corbin.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts

I am having trouble fitting my new Corbin Hollywood solo on my Street Glide. The damn pin in front will only click once, not twice to lock it in. I have tried adjusting both front and rear brackets, but still the same problem. I just want to exchange it for a dual touring seat, but Corbin still hasn't answered my email after a couple days. I will try calling them in the next couple days. I will say that with the brackets removed, it sure fits and looks great!

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
My wife has a new FLHX and she ordered a Corbin Close Solo. At first we had a problem similiar to that reported by boblaverty i.e. we could only get it too click once. I made some adjustments and finally got it too seat on the pin. Now we can't get the damn thing off. Called Corbin and they said ride it until the rubber bumpers flattened somewhat. As it happens, we are in Reno getting her bike dynoed and having Freedom pipes installed. We took a week off hoping to get some riding in but as I type this its snowing with temps in the 20's. We'll be heading to Hollister tomorrow and the Corbin factory will have to deal with the seat.

Dan

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
Corbin has been acknowledging for quite some time that none of their touring seats will accomodate the new '06 plastic wiring harnesses that run down from the tank to the battery area. I was told several months ago that the infomation on their website is inaccurate in reference to seats that fit the '06 touring bikes including the FLHX. The web guys "jumped the gun":duh?: , was the reason I was given.

·
Banned
1,321 Posts
Just got my Rumble Seat back today for my Street Glide. When it arrived five weeks ago the fit to the tank was horrible...a good 1/4" short of the tank. Have no idea why they had it a month just to "add some foam", but it fits perfectly now. I did have to add two washers to raise the pin enough to double catch, but it's fine now. I like the look and comfort, but was disappointed that it set me back farther than the stock seat. I may have to get some pullbacks now to fit the seat! The quality is great except the gap between the two seat parts looks kinda shoddy. Still , for me, it beats having a sissy bar and backrest up all the time, or using a detachable.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Arrived at Corbin around 3:30 PM yesterday unannounced and wheeled my wife's Street Glide into their Ride -In area. As stated above we had fitment problems and then couldn't get the seat off. After about 15 minutes one of the techs got the seat to release and then the fun started. No one could get the seat to latch again. The pin was sitting to low and the latch simply wouldn't catch. We tried their modified bracket and that didn't work either. We tried a new seat and again no luck. By this time the worker bees have left for the evening and and we have management and supervisors working on Pam's bike. Finally, one of the fabricators shimmed the latch and the mounting bracket to find out exactly how far off they were. He then built a new mounting bracket which lifted the pin up noticably. End of problem.

Corbin is aware of the problem with the Street Glides and as I mentioned had built a modified bracket. They now have a second modified bracket and Vince, who built Pam's bracket, was talking about making it adjustable. Everyone we talked with seemed concerned about and were willing to do whatever it took to make Pam happy. She went back this morning to have the nose of her seat shaved down to get her more flat footed and left satisfied.

I understand not everyone can get to Hollister to have their seat personally installed and setup but if you're having problems call Phillip or Vince. They are personally aware of the fitment problems on the SG and seem committed to make things right. As a matter of fact the company's Street Glide had been removed from the show room this morning. I assume Vince was working on the bracket again.

Dan

·
Recon
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My "Replacement Seat" is due to arrive today. I will let you guys know if it fits. I have been surprised how comfortable my stock Street Glide seat is after having it off for a while. I need a solo for my detachable tour pack .

·
Banned
1,321 Posts
Ralston said:
My "Replacement Seat" is due to arrive today. I will let you guys know if it fits. I have been surprised how comfortable my stock Street Glide seat is after having it off for a while. I need a solo for my detachable tour pack .
Yeah...I love the feel of the stock seat. I got the Rumble seat only for two up riding instead of getting a siisy bar and backrest.

·
Recon
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got my Replacement !!!

Corbin sent me a beat to **** used seat with a rip in the front and it still will not fit ! Man I am steamed. At this point they want to pick up both seats and r&d another and that will be weeks. I really just want my money and that will be a hassle!:badmood:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts