V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm guessing I have one of Corbin's first Rumble seats for a SG. It shouldn't be a real challenge for Corbin, as the SG is not radically different from a RK, but the dash is different. Anyway, the seat is great except (and it's a big except to me) it falls a good 1/4" short of even reaching the tank. On their website it looks as if it actually goes a little OVER the tank. On mine, you can see the gold (cadium plated?) strap that secures the tank to the frame. You can also see how the right half of the tank is differently shaped than the left side because the Rumble seat doesn't hide that as does the stock seat.

I talked to a tech there who said I needed to put at least 500 miles on it...it should "move", though even he doubted it would move as much as 1/4". He also said not to sweat it as I have a year to get it adjusted.

Just wondering if anybody else out there has put a Rumble seat on a SG yet.

Ken

·
Recon
839 Posts
I just got the corbin classic solo seat and had a tough time getting the thing to latch. The front fit absolutly stinks. The rear bracket stinks, i am pretty dissappointed at this time. I can see the gap also. I hope they will fix the problem... but that will involve a real hassle getting the fix.

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
Corbin is having fitment problems with the new 06 plastic main harness channels on the touring bikes. They hope to have it worked out for Bike week in March.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I had the same problem with my '05 RK and the Corbin Solo. They got it worked out and I got a new seat. The fit is now perfect.

Give them a call. You will probably have to send the seat back.

·
Banned
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got an e-mail from Janice at Corbin who asked for some pictures. Within 24 hours she got back to me and said to box it up for pick up (their nickel). I've heard some bad things about their customer service, but you won't hear that from me..at least not yet!
Ken

·
Banned
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good point. Their website shows an '06 SG in black cherry (my bike exactly) with a perfect fitting seat. I figured they had it down pat. They must have photoshopped the thing!
Ken

bountyhunter said:
Figure how they can screw up seats in the first place? That tells me all I need to know about Corbin. They are supposed to be experts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
kshapiro said:
Good point. Their website shows an '06 SG in black cherry (my bike exactly) with a perfect fitting seat. I figured they had it down pat. They must have photoshopped the thing!
Ken
People using Photoshop are a dime a dozen ;-)

·
Registered
414 Posts
They will work it out I am sure.
I ran into a similiar situation when I purchased my '04 RK Custom. It was a brand new model but it was a RK right? I took my Mustnag seat off of my '00 RK standard and although I could get it on it was a very tight fit. Called Mustang and they said it should fit fine. Well about 3-4 months later I checked Mustangs website and low and behold, they had made a new seat specific to the RK Custom.
I bet in a couple months Corbin will have a new seat out that fits perfectly. Good luck

·
Banned
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fed Up With Corbin

Well, I've always heard that Corbin's were fine unless you needed service after the sale. I am now feeling that. They've had the seat back for a month now, after saying it would take a week or two at the most. They will not tell me what the problem is, and their customer service folks are very reluctant to answer e-mails. Last week, I asked for a refund. A customer service person, Mike Alva (or something like that), said he was sorry but Daytona Bike Week had them working over time. He said that was no excuse because customers waiting for a seat back come first...said he'd get right back to me with an explanation about what was taking so long, and when it would be resolved. That was over a week ago. I e-mailed him three days ago as well, and still no response.

·
Banned
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well...got it back today. Why it took a month to "add foam" is beyond me, but the fit is great now. All's well that ends well?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts