V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my father and i are loooking for the best seat and we have narrowed it down to mustang or corbin...he has an 05 fatboy and wants a 2-up seat and i have 06 night train and want a hollywood solo, low and lean...we assumed the price difference is between the vinyal and leather...price doesn't matter we just want the best/most comfortable seat...any comments/opinions would be great...thanks...

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
I prefer Corbins as well. Great service and great seats. The seats are firm, but very comfortable. The seat will actually contour itself to your butt after about 500 miles (break in period). They are only about an hour south of where I live so I've been there a couple times. Had the seat for my old bike made there. Custom formed it to my a$$, no extra charge. Took about 5 hours to get it just right (shaping, test ride, more shaping, another test ride etc etc). Picked out the leather and the stitching style/color I wanted. Rode over 20k on that seat in two years with no issues. Love it.

If you have the opportunity to go to the factory (one in CA and one in FL) and have them make it for you right there (or even to just watch them make one for someone else), I would highly recommend it. Its a great experience, as well as a cool ride down there...

As for the squishy vs firm debate. The way I see it, if you like to have a soft suspension on your bike, then go with a squishy seat. If you like to have a stiff suspension on your bike, then go with a firm seat.

Good luck...

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
I have a Corbin Classic Solo on my FXDWG, from day one felt good to me, after breakin you don't even know your sitting for long periods of time, real leather, and I like that it locks with a key. I am sure Mustang is very good, but I have no reason with my Corbin to try anything else.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks...

thanks for all of the replies, i think corbin is the way to go...as far as cushy or firm i think my father and i would like firm seats...and corbin is also the only company with 06 seats out for my fxstbi...this is a big deal because i just sold my HD seat yesterday...thanks again...

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have owned both Corbin and Mustang. IMO the Corbin is more comfortable, and it will definately last longer. The leather seat panel holds up well on the Corbin while the vinyl on the Mustang tends to weather and split.

Regards,

Bill

·
Passin' through
332 Posts
Beating the dead horse, Corbin. The OL and I have about 6000 miles on our 2 up touring saddle since switching from stock to Corbin... HUGE improvement in comfort (no more "hot spots":spank: , and a lot fewer complaints from the back seat).
Don't know about Mustang. I think Corbin costs more, butt - it's worth it.

Flashkev
'05 FLHRCI

·
Registered
124 Posts
Looks like I'm the only Mustang fan in here . All day comfort ,works for me .
I think I'd give the edge to Corbin for style options .
sno

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,852 Posts
I'd gathered the impression that folks liked Corbin for the band-aid style seats and Mustang for touring seats. I've never ridden a Corbin, put a Mustang wide touring on my FXRT and love it.

Joe

·
The Anti-RUB
1,901 Posts
arjonaut said:
I'd gathered the impression that folks liked Corbin for the band-aid style seats and Mustang for touring seats. I've never ridden a Corbin, put a Mustang wide touring on my FXRT and love it.
Quite the contrary. Corbin seats are by no means band-aid style. They have good touring seats as well. They have plenty of padding etc. With the type of foam that they use, a little goes a long way. Some of their seats may look skinny, but that doesn't mean they aren't comfortable. Buddy of mine has one of their touring seats on his Road King. Him and his wife love it and have put over 50k miles on it over the years.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
arjonaut said:

Joe
Your Mustang may be comfortable, but I'll bet your ass. stinks...

Mine, I'm told, is lily fresh.

·
OLDBOY
784 Posts
I gotta say Corbin too. I have both a solo cs and the gambler for my Heritage. Firm, comfortable, and low. Remember, you can have Corbin cutomize it too, get it the way you want, different textures, studs, colors, fringe, etc.. Even if it's not on their site (like fringe) if you call to order they will basically make it the way you want it. My solo is studded, seating area is basket weave leather with smooth leather sides and fringe trim. You wont find that seat on their site.

-Greglal

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Corbin, for sure! I got a Corbin Dual Tourer on my RK Classic and it's the best single upgrade I've done to the bike yet. Probably the best saddle I've ever owned. And if you're carrying a passenger, she'll be a whole lot happier for it too. (I heard one woman say that sitting on the back of a RK Classic's seat was like sitting on a Kotex.)
I know you don't have a RK, but I just had to throw that in there.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I am looking for a seat for my '05 RG. I like the looks of the solo but it is only 13.5" wide. The Mustang is 15.5" or 17" wide.

I am 6'3" 225#s, I am concerned that the Corbin seat will be too narrow and not give enough support.

Anyone my size use a Corbin Solo?

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had a corbin dual touring saddle for two years. Wife and I rode till noon and then put airhawk under us from noon on. Last year went to Mustang Solo with back rest and wide pillon for wife and then small pillion when I took tourpack and wife off!!!He he Both Wife and I llike the mustang hands down for comfort, dont even need airhawks no more... I still like the looks of corbin a lot better, but for comfort Mustang was way better... I have several friends with the corbins and they love theirs.. So as I see it no one knows how ones butt will like the seats... But my wife will never let me put corbin back on.. steve

·
Just Sayin'
2,529 Posts
A vote for Mustang here. I think it depends on the butt sitting on it. I will say that if you get a Mustang get one with the removable back rest.:thumbsup: I'm very happy with mine. Worth every penny.Some shops have a rig that you can try other seats. You also might ask some of your riding buddys if you can try theirs.
Good luck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts