V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any try a Corbin Hollywood solo on a RKC? I need to mention I'm 6'2" also. Looking for a sleek solo, comfortable, able to use a bib as my fender has rub marks. Any thoughts or sugeestions would be great!

Thanks,

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Not sure if by RKC you mean custom or classic. I have the Hollywood on my '05 custom and love it. It is a very sleak looking seat and although it feels very firm I like it. However, if you need a p-pad it does not work with the Hollywood. Fits well w/ the lines of the bike.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
The problem I have with the Corbin Hollywood solo is the mounting.
I have three seats, and like to switch them off.
The Corbin solo uses a peg mount which needs to be removed when reinstalling another seat. PITA.
I use the HD Brawler, the Corbin Dual Tour, and the HD Badlander. All of which can be interchanged in seconds because they all use the same style stock mount.
Something to think about..

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
George C said:
The Corbin solo uses a peg mount which needs to be removed when reinstalling another seat. PITA.
That is a really good point. I run solo 99% of the time, so it's not too bad to switch to the stock seat for 2-up, but if you need to switch often then forget it. That's where the classic is better becuase you can run a p-pad if needed.

·
Just Above Idle
108 Posts
Hollywood

I have a Hollywood Solo on my Street Glide. I also have the Pillion designed to fit with the Classic Solo. The new Hollywood Solos designed for the Touring models will work with the Classic Pillions. I got conflicting answers from the guys at Corbin. Some said it wouldn't work and others said it would. This might be the fact they are eliminating old stock? Just a guess. The original style Hollywood did not have the same design. The new design will accept the front wedge of the Pillion and fits perfectly!

HOLLYWOOD WITH PILLION:

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=Picture%2012020.jpg.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
I'll have to check w/ Corbin on that. I just got my solo last year from Dennis Kirk. I would be nice to ge that p-pad to work. Did you have to do anything to it or was it a straight bolt-on. Also, what holds the front of the p-pad?

·
Just Above Idle
108 Posts
smknauss said:
I'll have to check w/ Corbin on that. I just got my solo last year from Dennis Kirk. I would be nice to ge that p-pad to work. Did you have to do anything to it or was it a straight bolt-on. Also, what holds the front of the p-pad?

Just bolt it on and go!!! The front of the P-Pad has a wedge that slides under the small space between fender and saddle. If you have the new style you will notice the back of the seat is slightly raised from fender. The new hollywoods have the locking rear mount which the wedge will fit securly between. Check out my pick on last post!

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
zenwee said:
Just bolt it on and go!!! The front of the P-Pad has a wedge that slides under the small space between fender and saddle. If you have the new style you will notice the back of the seat is slightly raised from fender. The new hollywoods have the locking rear mount which the wedge will fit securly between. Check out my pick on last post!
Thanks. I think mine is the newer style. Have to check that out. PS. Nice bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts