V-Twin Forum banner

corbin classic solo for road king custom

26K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  1997bagger 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone out there has a corbin classic solo on a road king or road king custom and if so how is it . I mixed review about the hollywood seat.

#6 ·
The Hollywood solo looks best solo. I don't like the way the Classic solo looks w/o a p pad. I have both. For local riding, I have the Hollywood solo, for a trip I have a classic solo with a touring p pad and the 50's p pad. The touring p pad is ugly as hell, but good for a long trip with a passenger. I like the classic with the 50's p pad. I am considering getting a back rest for the classic, putting on the 50's p pad and then putting a sac bag onto the back rest.

Hollywood

Classic solo, loaded up on a cross country trip last year. I was able to do 750 mile days, with no windshield

Here is the Classic solo with the 50's p pad, I like the look alot

#8 · (Edited)
Thanks NH. The only thing I don't care for is the gap between the fender and seat. The Hollywood is actually pretty comfortable. I am 5 10, but if I was taller, I don't think it would be as comfortable, because it brings your legs closer to the floor boards.

It seems that you might be interested in the Holllywood solo. Here is a pic from another angle.

#12 ·
gliderman said:
How comfortable is the 50's pad for the passenger??
My wife reports that it is not as comfortable as the Dual Tour, but after I put a layer of 1" memory foam on the top and cut a section out under her tailbone... she is quite happy... which makes me happy.

Here is a picture of our setup... it looks much better in white than red.

http://www.lightcalc.com/harley/page4/page4.html

#13 ·
The 50's P pad is about as wide as the fender is. It is good for a couple of hours, but not a day long trip. It is fine if you ride a couple of hours, get something to eat and ride another couple hours. I also think that for the touring pad, it would be better to have a tall sissy bar. I have the medium, which touches the top of the touring pad,(the touring p pad is thick and high) so it doesnt help much for back support.

#19 ·
VB05Custom, I have the Hollywood Solo on my '05 Custom, but I thought I read on the Corbin site that you couldn't use a p-pad w/ it. Apparently it does work. Was I dreaming this? Figured I'd just put the stock seat back on for those few times w/ a passenger, but a p-pad would be a better option. I love the seat though, fits the custom style nicely!

#21 ·
I have the Holllywood and the Classic solo. The p pad does not work with the Hollywood. On other HD models, it does. Corbin does some weird things. The FLHX is a pretty new model, but they have all kinds of seats for it already. They dont seem to have much interest in seats for the Customs.

#22 ·
FLHR or FLHRS

Grayrider, do you have the Corbin specifically made for the Road King Custom, or are you using the FLHR model, which is much easier to find at good prices? If the latter, was the install difficult, or do you just let the nose of the seat sit on top of the bottom of the dash?

#23 ·
GrayRider said:
Thanks, you too. Looks like the three of us have good taste.:thumbsup:
Of course... some have better taste than others.

I was cautioned about the Hollywood not providing enough backrest allowing the aforementioned cheeks to slide back during that ever so pleasant acceleration... don't know about the p-pad working with it or not.

ccw... I have the Classic Solo made specifically for the Custom and the install was: install the seat back pin (2 bolts), align with rear seat hole, tighten down and done. Very easy. I'm not sure how the FLH seat differs, but I assume it is in shape only, not mounting procedure.

Give Corbin a call with your questions. Their customer service is very good.

I have more info on Corbin and my rear end experiences on my site... click my link and then the seat tab.

#24 ·
ccw said:
Grayrider, do you have the Corbin specifically made for the Road King Custom, or are you using the FLHR model, which is much easier to find at good prices? If the latter, was the install difficult, or do you just let the nose of the seat sit on top of the bottom of the dash?
I have the one for the FLHR. They hadn't made one for the Custom yet when I bought it. I bent the tongue, under the front of the seat, down a bit. The front just touches the dash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.