V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone out there has a corbin classic solo on a road king or road king custom and if so how is it . I mixed review about the hollywood seat.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I have one with backrest & think it is very comfortable. I can't vouch for 500+ mi days, but it has been fine for 250-300 mi. The Custom looks great with a solo seat IMHO.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I have the Corbin solo on my RK Custom and love it. My butt and legs got so stiff and sore with the stock seat. I don't have any discomfort with the Corbin after riding all day.

Click my link and then the seat tab for more info, insights and pictures.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
I've done a 650 mile day on mine. As comfortable as possible, I suppose. As long as you stop every 100 miles or so and let the blood return to your butt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for all the advise, Just didnt want to shell out big bucks for a with out knowing its comfortable. I willbe checking ebay first for one.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
The Hollywood solo looks best solo. I don't like the way the Classic solo looks w/o a p pad. I have both. For local riding, I have the Hollywood solo, for a trip I have a classic solo with a touring p pad and the 50's p pad. The touring p pad is ugly as hell, but good for a long trip with a passenger. I like the classic with the 50's p pad. I am considering getting a back rest for the classic, putting on the 50's p pad and then putting a sac bag onto the back rest.

Hollywood

Classic solo, loaded up on a cross country trip last year. I was able to do 750 mile days, with no windshield

Here is the Classic solo with the 50's p pad, I like the look alot

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Thanks NH. The only thing I don't care for is the gap between the fender and seat. The Hollywood is actually pretty comfortable. I am 5 10, but if I was taller, I don't think it would be as comfortable, because it brings your legs closer to the floor boards.

It seems that you might be interested in the Holllywood solo. Here is a pic from another angle.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
gliderman said:
How comfortable is the 50's pad for the passenger??
My wife reports that it is not as comfortable as the Dual Tour, but after I put a layer of 1" memory foam on the top and cut a section out under her tailbone... she is quite happy... which makes me happy.

Here is a picture of our setup... it looks much better in white than red.

http://www.lightcalc.com/harley/page4/page4.html

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
The 50's P pad is about as wide as the fender is. It is good for a couple of hours, but not a day long trip. It is fine if you ride a couple of hours, get something to eat and ride another couple hours. I also think that for the touring pad, it would be better to have a tall sissy bar. I have the medium, which touches the top of the touring pad,(the touring p pad is thick and high) so it doesnt help much for back support.

·
Banned
90 Posts
i have the HOLLYWOOD SOLO, even thinner then the ones on the showed pictures.
I drove it regularly for 600 miles and no "but" pains at all...

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
VB05Custom, I have the Hollywood Solo on my '05 Custom, but I thought I read on the Corbin site that you couldn't use a p-pad w/ it. Apparently it does work. Was I dreaming this? Figured I'd just put the stock seat back on for those few times w/ a passenger, but a p-pad would be a better option. I love the seat though, fits the custom style nicely!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts