V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Corbin Classic Solo, but under hard take off I tend to slip back. The seat is comfy but is somewhat flat, that combined with the way you are positioned with the forward controls and you are not really locked into the seat.

So, for that and maybe extra comfort on a long ride has anyone used the backrest attachment, and opinions.

Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Corbin Dual Tour

I have a FLHX and installed the Dual Tour, I also purchased the small oval back rest with it. I've had Sporters, Bruells, Dynas and Road Kings, before.
This is my 1st. FLH model, and like the Radio, the back rest is something that I thought I would never want or use. Now that I've tried them, I can't imagine not having them. To make it simple, RADIO and BACK REST is a GOOD THING.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I love using a backrest on longer trips, but was put off by the high prices of the Corbin unit. I found a Corbin-compatible rest on eBay and took a chance; I really like it. Only $79, and it's adjustable. To see my review of it:
Backrest Review

(The usual disclaimer applies--I'm not associated in any way with this company--just a satisfied customer)

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reverendbiker said:
I love using a backrest on longer trips, but was put off by the high prices of the Corbin unit. I found a Corbin-compatible rest on eBay and took a chance; I really like it. Only $79, and it's adjustable. To see my review of it:
Backrest Review

(The usual disclaimer applies--I'm not associated in any way with this company--just a satisfied customer)
Well, somebody hand me the Shithead Trophy :( for the week since I already ordered the Corbin Backrest @ $199. But thanks for the info., that looks like a very good choice and terrific price.

·
Banned
711 Posts
One can usually find these on ebay far cheaper than retail. But whether its corbin or off-brand, they are worth the money on longer trips.

·
Registered
184 Posts
corbin backrest

I have a back rest on my dual touring seat.

I ride with in on about 95% of the time.

the support makes the difference.

good luck

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
DCRANER said:
Well, somebody hand me the Shithead Trophy :( for the week since I already ordered the Corbin Backrest @ $199. But thanks for the info., that looks like a very good choice and terrific price.
How's that backrest working for you? Did you get the Gunfighter Ovalbac?

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
murphdog said:
How's that backrest working for you? Did you get the Gunfighter Ovalbac?
Yes, got the Gunfighter Ovalbac, 8" x 8", has a nice clean look to it on the bike I think. Feels good, but plan a good long ride this weekend as weather recently has been rain.

I will let you know, maybe take a pic so you can see how it looks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Reverendbiker said:
Backrest Review

Thanks for the info and link. Just order one 7x7 for my Corbin Close Solo.

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
VetteSiNz said:
Thanks for the info and link. Just order one 7x7 for my Corbin Close Solo.
Well, I hope you are happy with your order, sounds nice.

I have the Corbin backrest, so you won't have the thrill of overpaying like me. Guess you can't have everything. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
I have the corbin backrest on my Gunfighter and Lady seat . Makes abike difference in comfort on long trips. I purchased everthing in Sturgis in 02 off their truck . It was the discontinued flame pattern .. I paid 375 for the seat and backrest .

Been a great seat I just bought a solo with pillion without the studs from a member here . Was going to buy the Le Pare bare bones jell seat , But now I can still use the backrest and my T-bag

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just installed the backrest and it's very tight fit that I could not get it back out. Anyway it's worth $80 and it serve its purpose. It's adjustable for your sitting position. If you want one, link is posted by Reverendbiker .... look up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts