V-Twin Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The set screw that goes into the bottom of the backrest is kind of awkward to get seated straight into the back of the mainseat. Anyone have any suggestions for getting this screw in?

The backrest fits nicely, but because of this awkwardness, I choose not to put the screw in. The downfall is that the backrest may "grow legs" one day since it will pull right out.

Any suggestions?

·
'08 Ultra Classic
39 Posts
I, too, get tired of taking the seat on/off every time I swap out the backrest. I've gotten to the point now where I just put it in for the ride (without screwing it down), then through in the saddle bag when I don't need it ...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Take your time

the best method I have is to hold the screw on the end of an allen and slightly stick in the hole. Next I drop the backrest shaft in until I feel it hit the screw.

Then I back up the screw just a little and let the shaft slide further down, slowly. You'll learn to gauge the feel of the screw pressed into the side of the backrest shaft and it will pop in place each time.

Taught by the masters in Daytona.

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dean said:
I, too, get tired of taking the seat on/off every time I swap out the backrest. I've gotten to the point now where I just put it in for the ride (without screwing it down), then through in the saddle bag when I don't need it ...

Thats alot of work! I tried it a few times and couldnt get it...just gonna "slap it on" and roll with it!

Nice paint job you got there!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
DPrice
V-Twin Forum
V-Twin Harley Davidson forum. Discussion on V-Twin Harley Davidson motorcycles including Dyna, Electra Glide, Softail, Sportster, and more.
Full Forum Listing