V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cams are going in soon and I was wondering if installing copper exhaust gaskets would be worth the trouble with my stock heads?

Novello Performance Exhaust Gaskets
Novello copper gaskets increase flow between 7 to 10 cfm depending on the motor and head work. Unlike mesh gaskets which can restrict exhaust gas flow, these copper gaskets permit unrestricted flow. They're for use on all Evolution and Twin Cam engines. Sold in pairs.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
They sound good, but i would really worry about getting a leak free fit on the pipes....May want to look into the s/e gaskets.......I have never used them though so i am just kind of guessing

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I have used both and I like the Copper Gaskets...getting a seal was not a problem as long as you tighten the nuts even. If you are going to stick with stock heads it is probaly not going to make a differance anyway. Best of luck

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
SEDELUXE05 said:
i use the se gaskets they work pretty good. leak free only problem is once you put them on and tighten ride a few miles let the engine get hot had to re tighten a few times once that was done never a problem
I agree...same problem I had. Use some anti-sieze and retorque after running it a while while hot. Seals right up and gets rid of thr decel popping because of leaks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
How much Torque is required for a twin cam engine on the nuts that hold the pipe to the head and is the medium strength 242 loctite a good choice?

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
I don't know what the torque is but it's not much. I never use locktite on my exhaust studs if anything a little never seize.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
Same as above, never seize on studs. SE gaskets.
Quoting from a products website doesn't impress me. It's an advertisement. Sort of like pills that make your dick grow longer.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I always take the claims like the ones made it that quote with a grain of salt. That's why I ask here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts