V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend has paid her dues and has spent the past seven years riding an Ironhead Sportster .

Thanks to a recent insurance settlement, she is now in a position to purchase something she's been wanting for a long time: a newer, bigger bike. We decided that this weekend, we're going to pile into the C5 and zip down I-95 to Daytona Beach (Harley Mecca of the southeast) to shop for a new bike for her. She's going to bring her helmet and riding duds because there's a very real chance that she might be bringing home a new Hog!

Right now, she wants a black twin cam Road King classic identical to the one in the pic below. But there are a gazillion bikes in Daytona so who knows what she might end up with!! Stay tuned!!! :)

(Reprinted with MY permission from the CF)

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Why not throw her on the back of your bike and ride back with her?

·
Registered
629 Posts
JimmyK said:
Same thing I was thinking:confused:

·
Registered
903 Posts
I'm ready to add - I just don't have the $$$$$$$

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
calvin3 said:

Cause he had to tell us he had a C5 :D Good luck in your search!!!

calvin3

LOL! Yea but it is in his sig line, so just ride ! LOL!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dude I just baught the same bike last July '02.............luvin'g it sure as hell beats my '78 amc flhr................gluck

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
JimmyK said:
Because the 1/4" of padding on the back of that Corbin Gunfighter isn't really made for trips that long. Plus, my bike can't carry enough clothes and crap for two people for a three day weekend trip.

Looks like she might have found a bike. We're going to look at a 2000 RK Classic with a factory installed 95" big bore kit, lowered, beach bars, tach, Bub headers with V&H pipes, Corbin seat. The pictures of it look awesome! Of course, she's planning to immediately dump those beach bars for a set of apes. My kinda gal!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Thats one sweet bike Loud. I went to your corvette forum website from the link in your sig. Nice C5. How much did you lower it. By the way, whats up with those "other" cars in the pix on your site.:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. I dropped the C5 in the front by cranking the 10 mm bolts on the front suspension. The rear has an RK sport lowering kit (longer bolts with urethane bushings). I estimate that it dropped about 1" in the front and about 1 3/4" in the rear. The "other cars" are my day job. The slick top is mine, the other one was a buddy who happened to stop by while I was taking the pics.

BTW, great user name. I get the "FAT" part (2002 Fat Boy)...now what about the "VETTE" part??? ;)

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
When I came across this site I couldn't think of a username that was different, so I just used parts of the names of my toys. Like you said FAT=fatboy and the VETTE part is for my 86 corvette.:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, we're back and she got one. Thread w/ pics to follow. Here's a sneak preview: The bike she got is a Road King, but its much cooooooler than the one in the pic here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts