V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
336 Posts
Habanero Kid said:
I already have a trip planned (OK it's in the works) To go down to Deal's Gap. I'm coming back a Dragon Slayer. It's gonna be one hell of a ride !!!:D About 800 miles to get there, leaving on Fri AM 5/02, ride all day Sat, and run home sunday in time to get some sleep before work on Mon.
A Hell of a ride is an understatement! I ride it all the time. The first tme my wife said "Don't do it by yourself. It's too dangerous. I said OK" and 45 minutes later I was in "The Whip", one of the early switchbacks. Another 20 minutes, I had my first "I survived" shirt. It's great. Visit www.tailofthedragon.com/maps/DRAGONmap.gif

This is a full site about it but the above link will give you maps. Good lick and take it real easy the first ride. :)

· Registered
336 Posts
Ratdog said:
We all hit the turns wfo and had 5 or 6 hwp setting at the Tenn. line checking license and he stated he heard us coming. I asked him how far in Tenn it goes he laugh and said if you don't slow down not far.
If ya didn't get to Tennessee, you didn't get the Dragon. It's all in Tennessee except maybe 1/8 of a mile which is in NC. All 318 switchbacks are in Tennessee! And...within 11 miles!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.